Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Print Exchanges

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 26th April 2022, 05:05 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Pilz View Post
Yesterday I got thee lovely prints from Sebatiaan (BuzzNL). All three shots were taken with the new for him Zeiss Ikon Nettar, an historic 6x6 camera. The sharpness and contrast are very amazing!

I like the small print on old stock 13x18 paper most The paper is slightly fogged, but gives beatiful rendering of tones. Small is beautiful!
Good to hear they arrived, Uwe!
The Nettar really is a nice piece of equipment indeed, I'm very happy with it.
And the Ilfospeed surprised me when I tried it, as all Ilfospeed paper I've tried until then was severely fogged beyond usable. But this box held up quite well.
(fyi, two photos were taken with the Nettar indeed, the Utrecht shot was taken with my Olympus Infinity Stylus, which imo produces very good detail on 35mm)

I'll upload them to the gallery.
Old 26th April 2022, 11:28 AM
Friend

Went to the post office today.

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950
Old 27th April 2022, 09:13 AM
Print Exchange Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
I put mine in the post yesterday, Sunday 24 April 2022.

Terry S
And arrived yesterday but I didn't find it till this morning. It is a photograph printed from negatives that have been the subject of a thread about overdevelopment with some D72/ID11 recently and was printed on Gr 0 paper. It looks fine to me.... a very meerkatty looking meerkat. The paper colour is very warm which Terry puts down to its age and so I don't know how much is because it was a warm toned paper. I am always very wary of using warm toned paper because when I first see it finished, I wonder what I have done wrong in the processing!

Thanks, Mike
Old 27th April 2022, 01:43 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHeller View Post
The paper colour is very warm which Terry puts down to its age and so I don't know how much is because it was a warm toned paper. I am always very wary of using warm toned paper because when I first see it finished, I wonder what I have done wrong in the processing!

Thanks, Mike
It definitely should have been black and white, rather than the warmer tones in the print Mike, but I quite like it and think it suits this print.

As said, I really bought it to try it to see if it lith's, as some batches of Jessops paper were said to, but I've yet to try it.

It's now in the gallery:

http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.or...php/photo/3027

Terry S
Old 27th April 2022, 06:06 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHeller View Post
My offering has made it into to the post.

Mike
Postie bought them today, and two prunts in the envelope, one of a waterfall, which is something I never see, let alone photograph over here well printed and well taken, the other is a mountain landscape, which I like a lot, both taken on a Etrsi, Thanks Mike, I like them both a lot
Richard
Old 29th April 2022, 06:00 PM
Friend

Posted mine this morning.
Frank
Old 5th May 2022, 09:45 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyNL View Post
Went to the post office today.
And it got delivered safe and sound somewhere last week.
But since we were away for a couple of days I found it yesterday when we got back home.
I apologize for the late reply!

Martin sent me a print of MV Plassy (or Plassey), an Irish cargo vessel which has stranded on Finnis Rock, Inisheer, Aran Islands, Ireland.
The square print is described as a work in progress, where he has straightened the ship from leaning left, creating a slightly uneasy surreal feeling to it.
And I think you've succeeded in this!
I couldn't help but watch the print before reading the note (I always try to read the note first ) and I immediately saw that something was "a little off" in it, but couldn't really get my head around the "what was off" until I read the note and had another look at the print.
You definitely succeeded in creating that surreal uneasy feeling and I think this works really well.

Martin took the photo with his Linhof Technar with a roll film back and printed it on Bergger Prestige Variable NB FB glossy neutral tone paper.
A paper I've not used myself before but it's definitely beautiful!
To me it leans a bit towards a slightly warmer toned paper, which looks really nice.

I can see that a lot of thought went in taking this photo + making the print and both were done with care. Good tonality, well exposed and a little drama in the sky.
Thank you Martin, I'm very happy to add this print to my collection!
Old 5th May 2022, 12:40 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanFrank View Post
Posted mine this morning.
Frank
And now received with thanks Frank.

Two prints have been sent, taken with a Zero Image 6 x 9 pinhole camera, set at 6 x 6 and taken on HP5+, taken for World Pinhole Day, an occasion I keep missing!

Lovely prints and quite sharp for a pinhole and they remind me that none of mine have had an outing for a while. Another thing to put on my 'must do' list.

Many thanks Frank, it goes to show what can be taken with a very unsophisticated camera.

Terry S
Old 6th May 2022, 08:10 AM
Friend

Many thanks, Sabastiaan. All's well that ends well! And I'm really pleased you like the print. Being on hol's myself, it's not always easy to follow the forum.
Best wishes,
Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzNL View Post
And it got delivered safe and sound somewhere last week.
But since we were away for a couple of days I found it yesterday when we got back home.
I apologize for the late reply!

Martin sent me a print of MV Plassy (or Plassey), an Irish cargo vessel which has stranded on Finnis Rock, Inisheer, Aran Islands, Ireland.
The square print is described as a work in progress, where he has straightened the ship from leaning left, creating a slightly uneasy surreal feeling to it.
And I think you've succeeded in this!
I couldn't help but watch the print before reading the note (I always try to read the note first ) and I immediately saw that something was "a little off" in it, but couldn't really get my head around the "what was off" until I read the note and had another look at the print.
You definitely succeeded in creating that surreal uneasy feeling and I think this works really well.

Martin took the photo with his Linhof Technar with a roll film back and printed it on Bergger Prestige Variable NB FB glossy neutral tone paper.
A paper I've not used myself before but it's definitely beautiful!
To me it leans a bit towards a slightly warmer toned paper, which looks really nice.

I can see that a lot of thought went in taking this photo + making the print and both were done with care. Good tonality, well exposed and a little drama in the sky.
Thank you Martin, I'm very happy to add this print to my collection!

- Minor White, 1950
Old 8th May 2022, 03:35 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Gould View Post
Mine have been posted today
Richard
I've just got back from hols, so my apologies for the late reply, Richard.
3 prints in total, 2 coastal landscapes and a third revealing a harbour detail. As always, they give a fine impression of what awaits on a possible trip to Jersey, beautiful scenery and wonderful light!

It's great seeing you back in the exchanges, Richard and many thanks for the lovely prints.

- Minor White, 1950
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies