Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Print Exchanges

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 6th April 2021, 06:20 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyNL View Post
My offering was posted today.
Received Marty,

Many thanks for such a nicely composed image, a lovely print, and some of that excellent good fortune (judgement?) that lifts a street image beyond the ordinary.

It's a real pleasure to add this to my little collection of members' work.

Thank You,

Graeme.

http://graemestarkphotography.blogspot.com/
Old 6th April 2021, 08:35 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
Received Marty,

Many thanks for such a nicely composed image, a lovely print, and some of that excellent good fortune (judgement?) that lifts a street image beyond the ordinary.

It's a real pleasure to add this to my little collection of members' work.

Thank You,

Graeme.
A great many thanks, Graeme. I should really try to get out more with the tlr for street photography.

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950
Old 25th April 2021, 05:18 AM
Friend

Finally I received two prints form Terry Smallbone. Thank you Terr for sending something again, after the first enveloppe seem to be lost.

The first one is an interior shot of Lloyd's building in London. it was taken 1980, but the negative is still perfect.

I even more enjoyed the panoramic shot I got, a seafront scene. It was taken wit a Russian Horizont camera, and it is portrait, which I see very rarely.

I also own an old Horizont camera, such a thing. I don't use a tripod for it, but get decent negatives even with 1/30 second. This time is the calculated time for each strip if the panorama, the turret moves for around half a second.

From time to time I use it and even more rarely I take a portrait shot with it. I think it is time to dust it off and use it again.

Thank you!
Old 25th April 2021, 11:38 AM
Friend

Hi Uwe,

I'm glad to hear that the second set of pictures have arrived quickly and safely.

As mentioned to Uwe in a letter with the prints, they are spare prints from recent rounds, as I do extras for toning tests etc. I sent these, as the first two prints sent to him, got lost in the system some where. This means that they are already in the galleries, so I won't post them again in this rounds gallery.

But thanks for the link to the Horzion camera Uwe. It is the first time I have seen the use of the portrait format with the camera, other than my own efforts. I definitely like the camera, but especially the upright format and I will definitely try to get some more shots with it over the summer.

Terry S
Old 25th April 2021, 06:23 PM
Friend

Dear Terry I uploaded two portrait panoramic shots in the gallery.
Old 26th April 2021, 12:02 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Pilz View Post
Dear Terry I uploaded two portrait panoramic shots in the gallery.
Good to see other peoples work within the portrait format with a panoramic camera Uwe, so thanks for uploading them.

In case anyone else wanted to view Uwe's uploaded panoramic pictures, the two of them are here:

http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.or...php/photo/2853

http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.or...php/photo/2854

Terry S
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies