Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Sale or Wanted

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 10th September 2020, 02:42 PM
Friend

Default Robot-Berning model II, Biotar lens

I have inherited my father's little German-made Robot-Berning model II camera that he used from the '50s through the '70s. If you're familiar with this camera, it shoots 24x24mm frames on 135 film, is self-winding using a spring-wound mechanism, and uses it's own unique cassettes that have to be loaded using bulk film. It comes with a Zeiss Jena Biotar 4cm lens, which seems to be quite rare for this camera. I have filters, extension tubes, a close up lens, leather case, a number of film cassettes, and the original hood.

The camera fires on all speeds but will need a CLA as the slow speeds (<1/10s) work as B mode. Body is well-used with brassing on the edges. Lens is clean, no fungus or scratches. In general, this is a very solid, well-made and innovate design.

If anyone is interested in this, send me a PM and I can share pictures. As for price, we can discuss that. Prices on the web vary wildly. I'm not looking to get wealthy from this, but would like to see it go to someone who'd be interested in putting it back into service. Shipping to the UK should be reasonable, and I can get a quote for you.

Some company history and model details here: http://www.robot-camera.de
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies