Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > External Group Announcements

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 14th February 2013, 10:45 PM
Friend

Default A photographic workshop for 'PHOTOSTOCK' ~ A kickstarter project well worth backing!

I wanted to bring to your attention a worthy Kickstarter project that you may wish to support.

http://kck.st/WZHlmU

Having been fortunate enough to have had the pleasure to visit the guys and girls at 'Photostock' in the northern part of Michigan, U.S.A, it didn't take me long to realise that this wonderful gathering really is not about Photographer Bill Schwab himself, but about sharing his love for all things silver. The guy works tirelessly and selflessly for the whole weekend, making sure that every one takes home a small jewel of a memory that they will never forget, along with a wish to return to future events.

In return for your help, Bill has a gift for you. Depending on the size your donation, that could be one of Bill's wonderful Silver gelatin prints, a copy of his hardcover book 'Gathering Calm', or his future publication that is yet to be released, which is being put together especially for this event.

So come on and jump on board, and help keep Silver photography alive, and lets not forget, his door will be open for you too

Cheers

Stoo
Old 15th February 2013, 01:24 AM
Friend

Thanks for posting this Stoo, not sure there will be many backers from this forum though.
I've already signed up and think its money well spent, I hope to go to Photstock sometime.

J.

http://real-silver-prints.com/

"I Prefer it in the Dark"
Old 17th February 2013, 03:01 PM
Friend

Yes, maybe so Jon, which is a shame. That said though, if just one forum user backed the project for $5, that $5 could be the final sum needed to make the project the success it deserves to be.

I am glad that you jumped on board Jon

Thank you

Stoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Butler View Post
Thanks for posting this Stoo, not sure there will be many backers from this forum though.
I've already signed up and think its money well spent, I hope to go to Photstock sometime.

J.
Old 19th February 2013, 06:17 PM
Administrator

I signed up and also hope to visit there.

Last edited by Barry; 19th February 2013 at 07:04 PM.
Old 19th February 2013, 07:24 PM
Friend

Well done Barry, I thought you would.
J.

Old 20th February 2013, 04:10 PM
Friend

I have also signed up and hope to visit one day. It would be great if a goup of FADUs could make the trip together one year.

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 20th February 2013, 05:36 PM
Friend

I noticed that he also intends to cater for digital photography. I don't blame him, he has to make a living, but surely it will only be a matter of time before the camp becomes totally dependent on digital users.

Vincent - Not afraid of the dark
Old 20th February 2013, 06:42 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
I noticed that he also intends to cater for digital photography. I don't blame him, he has to make a living, but surely it will only be a matter of time before the camp becomes totally dependent on digital users.
Vincent,
Yes that's the way it is now but there is nothing stopping participants using any type of they want.
The workshop market is almost totally digital now.
J.

Old 20th February 2013, 06:46 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&W Neil View Post
I have also signed up and hope to visit one day. It would be great if a goup of FADUs could make the trip together one year.

Neil.
That's very kind Neil, are you paying for us?
Good on you for signing up.
J.

Old 20th February 2013, 08:56 PM
Friend

Both Barry and Neil

Trust me, Bill will be made up having your support. Every last dollar counts to get this project up and running. That's a great idea getting a group together for a visit Neil. This is such a wonderful part of the U.S.A, and has so much to offer photographically. Work from past 'Photostock's' can be found here.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/photost...oto_7805514028

To me, 'Photostock' is the Mother of all photo gatherings, and I am so glad that I made the journey over the waters, and so look forward to my next visit in 2014.

Cheers

Stoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&W Neil View Post

Neil.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies