Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Darkroom

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 12th March 2021, 05:14 PM
Friend

Default ILFORD PHOTO Global Darkroom Printing Survey – The Results

Hi guys

If anyone completed the Ilford Darkroom Printing survey - the results have just been posted - https://www.ilfordphoto.com/ilford-p...urvey-results/

It's interesting reading - although I cannot quite get my head around the conclusions.

Martin
Old 12th March 2021, 09:38 PM
Friend

I have just had a quick look Martin, thanks

It might be my interpretation of "getting your head around the conclusions so rather than presume wrongly what you meant, can you say which bits of the conclusions you refer to

Thanks

Mike
Old 13th March 2021, 08:26 AM
Friend

In the conclusions there's no mention of the Ilford Local Darkroom Scheme instead they emphasise supprt for community/commercial darkrooms,

That's all well and good if there is one nearby but my own darkroom was used by a severely disable photographers about 3 years ago because the only community darkroom in Birmingham had no wheel chair access. In this case the photographer was doing a Photography Degree through the Open College of the Arts.

I've always thought the Local Darkroom scheme needed a major overhaul but since Simon GAlley left Ilford I don't have any direct contact with the company.

Ian
Old 13th March 2021, 10:37 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostlabours View Post
I've always thought the Local Darkroom scheme needed a major overhaul but since Simon GAlley left Ilford I don't have any direct contact with the company.

Ian
I'm not sure if anyone has direct contact with the company these days? It all seems to be through social media channels.

Tom
Old 13th March 2021, 12:31 PM
Friend

I participated and the results are about as I expected. Nice to read that there are also quite some people younger than men printing their work. Community darkrooms are certainly a good idea.
Frank
Old 13th March 2021, 01:50 PM
Friend

They are, Frank, but as Ian says nobody seems to be promoting them and the Ilford scheme of a few years ago does seem to have gone dormant.

Nearly all, if not all, the "good news about film" announcements centre around the growth of film and mainly it would seem colour film. There is really nothing about the promotion of darkroom work

The problem may be that of a variation on the chicken and egg. conundrum. How does anyone of any group find out enough about potential demand to make investment in darkroom facilities?

Certainly you need people less cautious than me. The last event I went to was a 40th birthday party pre-Covid where there wasn't a single person taking any photos with a even a digital camera. It was 100% i Phones!

Mike
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies