Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 31st March 2021, 04:57 PM
Friend

Default Art Unlimited Film Competition

Just received a sponsorship plea from Art Unlimited (who they?) asking for sponsors for a FILM competition 2021.

I responded to their email asking why it was just Film and not FILM AND DARKROOM, then said that just a Film competition would let in all the Digital guys who would Photoshop everything in sight and that if they wanted REAL photography it should be Film and Darkroom.

My remarks were not well received.... an instant reply from Art Unlimited saying...
"real photography doesn't exists and means nothing.
People can scan their film or their print, we don't care, just the medium is not digital to capture the original image for this contest"

If they don't care, no wonder they are looking for sponsors!
Old 31st March 2021, 06:51 PM
Friend

Well 10 out of 10 for honesty I suppose but I fear it indicates a change in psyche in a lot of film newcomers who see no problems whatsoever with this approach and worse who see those raising such points as "not being one of them" and thus such questions are not worthy of consideration

It may be my age but I cannot help but feel that there is a growing "in your face" attitude in society now that I cannot recall seeing in my "younger days"

Mike

I agree that in asking for sponsorship the necessary PR skills seem to be sadly lacking

Mike
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies