Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Sale or Wanted

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 27th March 2018, 09:01 PM
Friend

Default Complete set of dark room equipment durst l1200

Hi, i’m selling off all my darkroom kit, which includes lamps, trays , a couple of nova slot processors, chemical storage, measuring kit. Durst l1200 with lots of extra and masks for all formats. Lenses for all formats. Tongs, rbb easel. Multi filters, neg clamps, change bag, developing tanks. And lots of other pieces. Pick up only from Stevenage £400 the lot
The durst is an AC1200 with controller. Please see the garage build in the articles section, it has pictures of tye enlarger

Last edited by Andy; 27th March 2018 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Updating
Old 27th March 2018, 09:07 PM
Friend

Just out of curiosity which head do you have on the L1200?

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950
Old 27th March 2018, 09:23 PM
Friend

Durst AC1200 please see garage build in the articles section for photos of the enlarger
Old 28th March 2018, 07:20 AM
Friend

Wow....if it wasn't nearly 600 miles away, i'd be all over this.

Especially since i already have a faulty AC1200 !!

Mike
Old 28th March 2018, 04:04 PM
Friend

Why are you giving up? I know it is not want you want to hear just curious as it is a great darkroom.

http://photomi7ch.blogspot.com/

If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth.
Old 8th April 2018, 08:13 PM
Friend

Hi Andy - I’ve been looking for a 4x5 enlarger for a while, so definitely interested if it’s all still available.

One question: the manual says the AC1200 column is 137cm tall, and I’ve just measured the available space above my bench which is...137.5cm! As the missus will kill me if I cut a hole in the ceiling, can you confirm the exact height from the bench to top of column?

Thanks!
Old 9th April 2018, 11:24 AM
Friend

I'll measure and get back to you today..

andy
Old 9th April 2018, 09:20 PM
Friend

Hi Guys.
Not sure about the L1200, but on my LPL 7450 at maximum height the top of the lamp housing reaches above the top of the column. So, you might need even more than 137.5cm to reach full height and allow air flow. And, before you say 'I never make huge prints' there may be times you want full extension to make a sectional enlargement. I have.
In my last darkroom I had limited head room, so ended up lowering the bench slightly. Worked fine.
If I ever get my new darkroom underway it will have lower work-tops to let me work seated.
Old 10th April 2018, 08:26 AM
Friend

I've had to pull out of buying the enlarger because of the restricted height in my darkroom. I'm using a utility room with kitchen worktops that have been newly fitted. There are cupboards and a washing machine underneath, so no chance of lowering the surface.

Annoying!

I read something last night that mentioned the column on a Devere 504 is 50" = 127cm, so that could be an option for the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellum View Post
Hi Guys.
Not sure about the L1200, but on my LPL 7450 at maximum height the top of the lamp housing reaches above the top of the column. So, you might need even more than 137.5cm to reach full height and allow air flow. And, before you say 'I never make huge prints' there may be times you want full extension to make a sectional enlargement. I have.
In my last darkroom I had limited head room, so ended up lowering the bench slightly. Worked fine.
If I ever get my new darkroom underway it will have lower work-tops to let me work seated.

Last edited by FujiLove; 10th April 2018 at 08:30 AM.
Old 10th April 2018, 08:26 AM
Friend

I have standard kitchen cabinets and worktops in my darkroom with my L1200 on top. As Skellum says, the enlarger will never reach the maximum height because the head (in my case MG500) extends the total height by probably 8 to 10 inches.

That's fine if you are using small formats up to 6x6, but again limits the size of the enlargements available.

My AC1200 is faulty so is not mounted on the chassis so i can't say what extra height you'd need, but it is certainly more than the MG500.

Mike
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies