Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Darkroom

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 14th December 2008, 03:32 PM
Friend

Default Filters for Durst Modular 70

I have just installed my Durst Modular 70 (been in garage for many years) on a wall mount and with B+W condenser head. Just printed my first prints on it, one of which will be winging its way to its round 1 print exchange recipient very shortly. Anyhow I digress. The B+W head for this enlarger has a filter drawer. I had mistakenly assumed that my ilford 3.5 x 3.5 VC filters would just drop straight into the draw. But they are infact slightly too big. I could cut them down and probably will do, but does anyone know if there are durst filters which were made to fit these drawers and whether the drawer had a glass insert to support the filters? I suspect the drawer is the same size as those on the B+W condenser heads for the M670 and possibly the 707.
Old 14th December 2008, 07:19 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by percepts View Post
I have just installed my Durst Modular 70 (been in garage for many years) on a wall mount and with B+W condenser head. Just printed my first prints on it, one of which will be winging its way to its round 1 print exchange recipient very shortly. Anyhow I digress. The B+W head for this enlarger has a filter drawer. I had mistakenly assumed that my ilford 3.5 x 3.5 VC filters would just drop straight into the draw. But they are infact slightly too big. I could cut them down and probably will do, but does anyone know if there are durst filters which were made to fit these drawers and whether the drawer had a glass insert to support the filters? I suspect the drawer is the same size as those on the B+W condenser heads for the M670 and possibly the 707.
I own a Modular 70, but mine has the dedicated "VARIO" head for VC papers, so I don`t know about the filter sizes needed for the condenser head and filter drawer.
Your idea of cutting the Ilford filters to size is probably the best option.
Old 14th December 2008, 08:40 PM
Administrator

Rob,

A log time ago I had an M670 and I do believe I had to cut the filters. I no longer have them so I can't be sure, sorry.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies