Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Cameras - small format

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 2nd May 2011, 10:51 PM
Friend

Default Canon EOS-1N problem

was out shooting with one of my two Canon EOS-1N bodies today and noticed that whenever I changed the shutter speed this changed the aperture to the widest available on whichever lens I was using. Since today was a sunny day and I had my 70-200mm 2.8 IS on the camera when I noticed I may be in for some blown out photos from before I noticed what was happening

have checked all the settings and can't see anything I've accidentally switched, shooting on manual, one shot and spot metering. I have the Magic Lantern Guide book on the EOS -1N and had a quick look through it there when I got home but can't find this mentioned anywhere

the two bodies have a different grip, one the BP-E1, the other has the Power Drive Booster on it, it's the one with the BP-E1 which has taken ill today

thanks

James
Old 3rd May 2011, 06:55 AM
Friend

Have you cleaned the contacts on the camera and lenses, could be a bit of dirt stopping a proper connection.
Old 3rd May 2011, 09:35 AM
Friend

I agree with Ed that it sounds like a connection problem between the lens and camera. Clean up the contacts on the lens and camera and see what happens.

You could also try another lens on the suspect body to see if the same happens. If all is OK suspect the 70-200 IS

Neil.

Neil Souch

Last edited by B&W Neil; 3rd May 2011 at 09:39 AM.
Old 3rd May 2011, 10:57 AM
Friend

had tried it with my 50mm 1.4 and same was happening

recharged the batteries this morning and the problem appears to have sorted itself out, ahem
Old 3rd May 2011, 11:16 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
had tried it with my 50mm 1.4 and same was happening

recharged the batteries this morning and the problem appears to have sorted itself out, ahem

You didn't get the low battery warning signal then ? Good to hear the problem has gone away

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 11th May 2011, 05:24 PM
Friend

Hmm, i've had that sort of thing with my eos3, where the battery starts to go and you get weird results. I've not got a grip for mine so I suffer with those expensive 6v batteries (can't remember what they are called). Should really get a grip that takes AAs. Good to know it's fixed the problem.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies