Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > New products and offers

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 23rd June 2009, 08:37 PM
Friend

Smile Ilford Multigrade IV RC in 10x8 - Fair Price

Hi all,

I've just returned from a business trip in the oxford area for the last couple of weeks doing a video filming project and came across a good shop/retail business park dealer called Morris Photographic who appears to have a good offer on Ilford MG IV RC paper in 10"x8" at the moment.

http://www.morrisphoto.co.uk/Product...oryid~139.html

Box of 100 sheets £21.48 or £205.48 for 10 boxes. Free carriage on orders over £65

On average it's about £3 per box cheaper than most suppliers.

They appear to be a good professional outfit so I thought I'll share this info for the benefit of other forum users who may be interested.

Personally, I still can't find any good deals on a Nikon Coolscan 5000 scanner, it listed around 1150-1200 pounds now and for those dealers who do have one in stock it's monopoly money prices.

Cheers all.
apxuser
Old 24th June 2009, 07:32 PM
Administrator

Didn't these guys used to have a shop in Oxford? If it's the same one, I bought my Photo Trekker bag from them a few years ago...
Old 24th June 2009, 07:34 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Didn't these guys used to have a shop in Oxford? If it's the same one, I bought my Photo Trekker bag from them a few years ago...
That is indeed the firm under discussion.
Old 24th June 2009, 08:33 PM
Friend

Looks prety well unbeatable for this particular size. Pity that 3 boxes leave you just short of £65 and zero delivery charge :

It's a funny old game as Jimmy used to say when he appeared with my fellow countryman Ian but in other sizes they can be beat but their flat rate delivery still makes them competitive in their limited range.

Mike
Old 26th June 2009, 08:15 AM
Friend

They are good on MGFB prices too.

I have bought quite a lot of stuff from them.

They seem to be very competitive on some items and way off on others – and I for one cannot see a theme to their pricing structure.

Martin
Old 26th June 2009, 04:20 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Aislabie View Post

They seem to be very competitive on some items and way off on others – and I for one cannot see a theme to their pricing structure.

Martin
I have found this to be the case with most paper suppliers but cherry picking savings are negated by postage costs of using say 2-3 suppliers as opposed to just 1.

Difficult to believe that none has looked at its full range in an attempt to be competitive across the board. You don't suppose that each has worked out that it doesn't have to be competitive across the board because of p&p costs plus time and trouble to shop around?

It's a jungle out there with man eating tigers around every tree

Mike
Old 26th June 2009, 04:39 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O'Pray View Post
I have found this to be the case with most paper suppliers but cherry picking savings are negated by postage costs of using say 2-3 suppliers as opposed to just 1.

Difficult to believe that none has looked at its full range in an attempt to be competitive across the board. You don't suppose that each has worked out that it doesn't have to be competitive across the board because of p&p costs plus time and trouble to shop around?

It's a jungle out there with man eating tigers around every tree

Mike
Such offers used to be known as "loss leaders". The trick is to buy just those, and leave the rest.
Old 27th June 2009, 12:23 PM
Friend

The way I look at is you can have a lose leader and still be competitive whats the point in drawing people in only to loose them to your compeditors. Once you have drawn them in you want them to spend across the board.

this country has a jeck and hyde approach to business. They want you to spend with them but not to much.

http://photomi7ch.blogspot.com/

If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies