Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14th February 2021, 11:16 AM
Print Exchange Manager

Default Rolleiflex in film 'The Dig'

I watched the film 'The Dig' last night and one of the characters in it was taking photographs with a Rolleiflex TLR. To me, it looked like a more modern one than would have been around in 1939.

I am no expert on Rolleiflexes although I have read somewhere that Capa took two of them to the D-day landings.

I googled them and went to the camera-wiki.org which showed how wrong I may have been as even the original one from 1928 looks how they have always.

Has anybody tried to identify the model used in the film and was it historically correct?

Also in the film there was a female press photographer taking pictures with a LF camera and flash. a) Were there any female press photographers at that time and b) again was the camera and flash historically correct?

Mike

Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies