Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Equipment miscellaneous

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 1st April 2021, 07:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzNL View Post
Bob, I assume you were referring to my post?
No, I was referring to David's OP of the one on Amazon - although having another look, it is not as bad as I first thought as about half of it does open up clam-shell fashion. Your bag looks very useful for when you want to keep camera and other gear separate too - plus the option for space for more gear if you need it. My LowePro looks similar to the Anvil one you show, but I think a little larger and deeper as I can fit my 5x4 Shen Hao and 4 lenses etc in mine with the camera on it's side.

I got a no-name one off ebay for £35 for my SQ-A gear as the LowePro is a bit on the heavy side - much better made tho...
Old 2nd April 2021, 08:29 PM
Friend

When I needed a new bag I took all my kit in a cardboard box and headed over to Clifton Cameras in Dursley, Gloucestershire - https://www.cliftoncameras.co.uk/photography-equipment.

They carry most bags but it is best to phone ahead as they might not have it in the shop but they do have an off-site warehouse.

I found there were several camera bags that looked like they might have done the job but when I tried to fit all the kit in, some were more suitable than others.

A few centimetres could to make a big difference - but you wouldn't know without trying.

The large Lowepro bags come with an additional strap-on bag or something similar which I have always assumed was for lunch and bottles of water.

For what it's worth, I ended up with a Lowepro 650AW - it is massive but takes everything I need camera wise for the day and has side pockets for water/food/film.

Martin
Old 23rd April 2021, 04:27 PM
Friend

I'm fed up switching bags/camera gear and was able to pick-up the 450 and 650 AW pro trekkers at half price, shop display models.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PSX_20210423_182034.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	4168  

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950
Old 26th April 2021, 12:16 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyNL View Post
I'm fed up switching bags/camera gear and was able to pick-up the 450 and 650 AW pro trekkers at half price, shop display models.
Gosh

Well done you

I too have different bags for different kit - it helps keep everything for one camera in an known place and saves those awkward moments when you realise that you have forgotten to pack something.

The only down side I find is the accumulation of "stuff" in each bag - I find I need to go through each of them periodically and have a clear-out, otherwise they become increasingly heavy.

Martin
Old 26th April 2021, 01:35 PM
Friend

I find medium format much less of a problem than LF.

LF camera's, as you know, come in all shapes and sizes. My current 650 backpack was being swapped between a Toyo 810m and Technikardan 45S! No more, thankfully!

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies