Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Darkroom

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 30th June 2009, 03:45 PM
Friend

Default Moersch SE5 Lith Master Kit

I am awaiting delivery (from Silverprint) a Moersch SE5 Lith Master Kit which looks interesting. I suspect my 5 litre containers of Champion lith dev are now a tad too old (at least 12 years!) so I have decided to give the Moersch kit a go to see if I can get my lith printing going again.

If anyone has used this particular lith printing developer / kit I would be pleased to hear of your experiences.

Also ordered at the same time some Fomotone 532 Nature to try out with the lith dev. Anyone lith deloped Fomotone 532 Nature ? If so do let us know how it went

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 30th June 2009, 06:13 PM
Friend

Good luck with the trials.

Sorry, can't help re the developer or the paper as I've not tried either yet, but I'd be interested to know how you find them. I'm still getting to grips with LD20 as a developer, but now have some Kentona and some Fomatone Chamois to try along side my Fomatone.
Old 30th June 2009, 06:25 PM
Friend

Hi, will do on the trials.

I have used Fomotone (not bad) but not used Chamois - I would like to know how you get on with that. Hopefully I will soon have the items and the darkroom will cool down a tad :-)

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 30th June 2009, 07:27 PM
Friend

the fomatone nature liths very well from what I have seen, A friend of mine did some lith prints on Nature and they looked very nice, similar to the standard fomatone,perhaps a shade cooler due to the base being whiter, but as good as standard fomatone, which is not surprising, they both use the same emulsion recipe, it's just the papr base thats different, Richard
Old 30th June 2009, 08:39 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mono-inthedark View Post
Hi, will do on the trials.

Hopefully I will soon have the items and the darkroom will cool down a tad :-)

Neil.
If it stays hot, then you may be able to keep the dev at the right temperature without needing a heater!

One thing I've noticed when looking at some of the lith prints on Flickr (am I allowed to mention that name?) is that the SE5 dev comes in three parts and that seems to give lots of possible combinations of dilutions. With a bit of luck that may give some more options in terms of the colours you can get out of the paper.
Old 30th June 2009, 09:06 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Gould View Post
the fomatone nature liths very well from what I have seen, A friend of mine did some lith prints on Nature and they looked very nice, similar to the standard fomatone,perhaps a shade cooler due to the base being whiter, but as good as standard fomatone, which is not surprising, they both use the same emulsion recipe, it's just the papr base thats different, Richard

Thanks, Richard, that's good news to hear as I like a cooler lith print.

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 30th June 2009, 09:09 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armadillo View Post
If it stays hot, then you may be able to keep the dev at the right temperature without needing a heater!

One thing I've noticed when looking at some of the lith prints on Flickr (am I allowed to mention that name?) is that the SE5 dev comes in three parts and that seems to give lots of possible combinations of dilutions. With a bit of luck that may give some more options in terms of the colours you can get out of the paper.
Yes, this is very true of the SE5 kit and this is why I want to try it out. I have seen some nice prints produced with it on the net but never seen a print in the flesh yet. I can't wait to have a go

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 30th June 2009, 09:32 PM
Friend

That's been my observation with Fomatone and the Fotospeed LD20. Never having tried lith before I've been intrigued by the results, but I think I prefer tones nearer to pink than the intense yellow/orange/brown palette that I've managed to achieve so far.

Good luck and I look forward to seeing your results.
Old 30th June 2009, 09:44 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armadillo View Post
That's been my observation with Fomatone and the Fotospeed LD20. Never having tried lith before I've been intrigued by the results, but I think I prefer tones nearer to pink than the intense yellow/orange/brown palette that I've managed to achieve so far.

Good luck and I look forward to seeing your results.
Thanks It is a great process and well woth sticking with to find the right dev / paper combination for you. I am sure my dev has deteriated and I'm not getting the best out of Fomotone. The devs are supposed to keep for ages if unmixed but I read somewhere recently that one of the parts can deteriate after about 8 years, so I am suspicious. My web site contains some lith prints. albeit ones on the long-gone papers, if you care to look.

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 1st July 2009, 07:15 AM
Friend

I've used the Moersch lith dev a lot; it's a very good dev, you'll like it...
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies