Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Equipment miscellaneous

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 31st March 2021, 08:01 PM
Friend

Default battery pack re cell

Had a bit of fun keeping my old cameras working .The first one is my Fuji GX680 ,I did not re cell It but I did change the type of battery from a Fuji to a Nikon EN-EL3e battery ,and also changed the internal memory battery's in my two film backs as well .the second is my Rolleiflex 6003 professional this one I changed the cells ,could not find NiCad's so I replaced them with NIMH battery's ,after joining them together it was a tight squeeze to get them in the pack but its went well in the end charged them up for an hour ,the charger light went from red to green then I fitted the pack in to the camera and when I turned the camera on the first thing I saw was batt fully charged ,first time I have ever seen that so well pleased with that . here's the two boys ....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mar30&06 (2).JPG
Views:	265
Size:	172.9 KB
ID:	4136

Click image for larger version

Name:	Feb02&01 (2).jpg
Views:	265
Size:	153.2 KB
ID:	4137

Last edited by big paul; 31st March 2021 at 08:23 PM.
Old 31st March 2021, 09:11 PM
Friend

Hi Paul,

I have a 6003 src 1000 that I have considered having re-celled (but never got round to getting it done due to the cost (Ffordes latest price is £170 although out of stock) and the hassle of trying to send batteries via either post or courier.

I have read that only one of the original chargers will charge NiMh.

Could I ask if you used your original Rollei charger to charge the new 6003 battery pack ? If so which charger do you have ?

Ian
Old 31st March 2021, 09:45 PM
Friend

Hi Ian the charger I have is a Charger C rapid charger for system 6000/6000AF . the battery's I used are,,1.2V NiMH Single Cells Type : P) 2/3A 1600mAh they must be 2/3A not 2/3 AA I used busbar wire 5mm wide x0.2mm if you can spot weld them its better but I cannot so I soldered them ,very flat ,if you can solder its quite an easy thing to do .

paul
Old 31st March 2021, 10:23 PM
Friend

just found this ,,Type C Battery Charger for 6000 Series Batteries
This is the later style battery charger that allows one to discharge a battery fully before charging. This really helps keep the life of the older Nicad batteries. This also will charge the newer NiMH celled batteries.
Old 1st April 2021, 05:39 PM
Friend

Thanks for the replies Paul.

Think if I were to go ahead, although my soldering skills are very, very poor, it would have to be the NiCd route as my charger is the N type.

The only NiCd I can find are pretty low power 650mAh or 700mAh, no where near the 1600mAh so guess I'll have to stick with what I've got.

Seem as cheap as chips though

https://www.allbatteries.co.uk/nicd-...t-acn9011.html

or

https://www.allbatteries.co.uk/nicd-...l-acn9024.html

Ian

Last edited by CambsIan; 1st April 2021 at 05:49 PM.
Old 1st April 2021, 08:51 PM
Friend

its still worth changing to new nicads they would last a heck of a lot longer ,I didn't know if my charger would work with nimh ,so that was a bit of luck ,I used to have a nicad charger and used to charge all sorts of batts with it ,how good I don't know .I have another batt pack for my rollei and just ordered some more batts for it ,all the other cameras I have that need battery's all take AA battery's
Old 2nd April 2021, 09:06 AM
Friend

Thanks Paul.

Been looking at the options for sending batteries within the UK, UPS might possibly be an option, but while looking Google threw up this company

https://toolbatteriesrepair.co.uk/pr...i-6000-series/

seems a decent price, (about 1/3rd of Ffordes) and pretty well situated for any members living in Yorkshire area.

Ian

Last edited by CambsIan; 2nd April 2021 at 09:13 AM.
Old 2nd April 2021, 12:11 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CambsIan View Post
...while looking Google threw up this company

https://toolbatteriesrepair.co.uk/pr...i-6000-series/

Ian
That's an interesting link there Ian. I didn't realise that older power tool batteries could be replaced. I had presumed one had to upgrade to a newer model and take the batteries and tool to the recycling site.

And as for sending batteries through Royal Mail, I have noticed that it's on their list of no, no's, but I have bought numerous AA's over the last year and they've always arrived via them...? I've also ordered some bigger ones for my mobility buggy, but they came by courier.

Terry S
Old 4th April 2021, 12:35 PM
Friend

Default Royal Mail rules for sending batteries in the UK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
And as for sending batteries through Royal Mail, I have noticed that it's on their list of no, no's, but I have bought numerous AA's over the last year and they've always arrived via them...?

Terry S
I was at the Post Office yesterday, so I picked up a leaflet about what can and can't be sent via the Royal Mail.

Basically, one can send just about any battery type in the UK, if the batteries are in their original packaging. If not in a separate package, camera and phone batteries can also be transported, if they are new and in the camera or phone itself.

There are separate rules if you want to send to outside of the UK.

This explains why I have been able to order various AA and AAA batteries, and have them delivered by the RM.

Terry S
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies