Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Cameras - small format

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 13th August 2011, 08:59 PM
Friend

Default Nikon PB5 Bellows Unit + Nikon PS5 Slide Copying Adaptor

I have just purchased the above so as I can copy some of my extensive library of Kodachrome ll transparencies and make them into black and white negatives. The PB5 instruction manual is only in Japanese and the PS5 has not got a manual. I understand the basics as far as setting up both units are concerned but here are a few questions which would be most helpful. To start with I coupled my newly acquired F3HP body to the PB5 and my 50mm f1.4 at the other end. Should I be working at infinity using the PB5 like one would use an enlarger? I the attached the PS5 to the opposite end put as slide into the hold and attached the PS5 bellows to my 50mm f1.4. I then mounted my lightbox to the back. This is incredibly well thought out equipment and superbly engineered but when I switch on my lightbox I cannot get the image on the slide to focus. I cannot see what I am doing wrong. I even tried focusing through my DW3 Waist level finder but I cannot get sharp focus.
Before telling me that I could have done it another way more easily had I bought this or that. This is my preferred route as I am totally committed to a digital free environment wherever possible and any help you can offer down the route I have chosen will be most appreciated.

Regards Kenneth
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies