Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > FADU YEARBOOK 2014

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 19th March 2024, 10:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
There is I believe a “buffer system” where Admin and Mods can see new accounts but they are not released into the wild until approved. Bob or Barry are better placed to explain that procedure.

Bill
As Bill says, new accounts are automatically placed in Coventry. This results in only Mods (and the original poster) being able to see their posts until they are released from Coventry. That way, if it is a spammer, only mods and admins see them (and Bill usually finds them first!) so we can quietly delete and ban them. Occasionally one becomes generally visible as they can be subtle, but the vast majority are as dumb as two-week old roadkill, so are easy to deal with.

Before even getting to open an account, IP addresses, usernames and email addresses are checked against online anti-spam lists and the account creation is aborted if they are found to be listed.

Cheers, Bob.
Old 20th March 2024, 05:32 PM
Friend

I think its been said before, but i will say it again....
Thanks to all those who keep this forum going. It is appreciated...
Old 21st March 2024, 11:42 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
I'm particularly intrigued by the ads for dating sites that offer dates with "actual" women.
The mind boggles.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies