Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > FADU YEARBOOK 2014

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 17th September 2014, 12:50 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Tapscott. View Post
While I agree that the subject matter should be open, I disagree that photographers should not expect to have their prints returned.

A few points to remember about having prints returned:

1/ Return postage has to be collected and the prints re packed and posted back.

2/ The box / packaging used to post the prints must be suitable to be easily reused to send your prints back. This means any easy to seal box and readily addressed print labels.

3/ With a tight time frame all this makes for more work for those involved.

When the expected PDF is posted we shall see the exact conditions the organisers have decided on, with the resources they have to hand, to get the book out by Christmas.

Neil.

Neil Souch

Last edited by B&W Neil; 17th September 2014 at 01:00 PM.
Old 17th September 2014, 09:27 PM
Friend

I've just followed the link from the FADU home page to the last yearbook (2011) on Blurb. That in turn links to the previous two.
They're good!
Two things struck me- one was the fine quality of the work (no duffers!).
The second, there were some very familiar names but also others I just don't see posting now. I know all forums have some 'wastage'. I personally have dropped out of two over the last year or so, but since we really aren't a big group, where are we losing people to??

Anyway- I think being part of such a project would be a privilege. This weekend I'm going to trawl my pictures for something suitable. I've ordered some paper. Ilford MG warmtone, my favourite, but RC rather than FB. Fibre can be a bit wrinkly to scan, so I'm hoping that RC will be easier for Les if I make it that far.

Personally speaking (and this is entirely my own feeling) if I submit something out of keeping with the tone of the book I hope Les will quietly PM me and say "sorry, but . . "
I believe the current idiom is, 'taking one for the team'
In the same vein, I don't expect print return. I enjoy my tme in the darkroom, and even if I burn up the whole packet of paper I'm still only £15 out of pocket. A nice malt is twice as much, and strangely seems to last no time at all . . .
Old 17th September 2014, 10:28 PM
Friend

As I'm unable to start a new forum for this yearbook at the moment I'll add the pdf to this thread for now. ( I can still change any clangers in the pdf)

The intention is to keep it simple and encourage as many contributors as possible. Prints won't be returned. However it did occur to me that rather than chuck them we could maybe have a pop up show at a suitable watering hole once the book is published. Just a thought.

The mugshot thing on the form is entirely optional and may not be used in the end anyway.

Les is putting it all together and has the last word as editor and publisher and is the only one who can now change the goalposts.

Looking at the timetable for this and lead times at blurb it's unlikely that the book will be ready for Christmas. It's worth doing well...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf FADU yearbook invite.pdf (697.5 KB, 215 views)

Last edited by Xpres; 25th September 2014 at 04:21 PM.
Old 17th September 2014, 10:31 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellum View Post
I don't expect print return. I enjoy my tme in the darkroom, and even if I burn up the whole packet of paper I'm still only £15 out of pocket. A nice malt is twice as much, and strangely seems to last no time at all . . .
I agree about the work etc involved in a print return and your sentiment but it must be your proximity to the source of good malts that make them only £30. In darkest Northamptonshire I am still searching for the source of a good malt at £30

Mike
Old 23rd September 2014, 10:20 AM
Friend

I am not able to do 25 mm margins with my easel the closest I can get is 20 mm Hope this is OK.

http://photomi7ch.blogspot.com/

If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth.
Old 23rd September 2014, 05:08 PM
Friend

Hi Mitch,

Pretty sure that will be O.K. as Les has asked for the margins to assist in the handling of the prints, hopefully 20mm will still be a big enough border for this, but if not I'm sure he will let you know.

Ian
Old 23rd September 2014, 11:18 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by photomi7ch View Post
I am not able to do 25 mm margins with my easel the closest I can get is 20 mm Hope this is OK.
20mm will be fine
Old 24th September 2014, 06:42 PM
Friend

Thank you gentlemen

http://photomi7ch.blogspot.com/

If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth.
Old 29th September 2014, 05:01 PM
Friend

Prints on way ! Just hope they come up to scratch.

Ian
Old 15th October 2014, 01:49 PM
Friend

Default Rejects

I will be submitting 4 images for consideration, if only one of them is to be selected for the yearbook how about the rejects being put in the standard gallery? Would it be OK to put them in the gallery before selection or would that spoil the surprise of what could be in the yearbook?
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies