Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > FADU YEARBOOK 2014

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 1st September 2014, 07:30 AM
Friend

Vincent,

That's good input and let's hope there is a lot more forthcoming.

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 1st September 2014, 09:57 AM
Friend

If the subject matter is open there is no reason why the book could not be divided up into subject or camera type. as long as it did not make thing to complicated. as a suggestion.

http://photomi7ch.blogspot.com/

If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth.
Old 1st September 2014, 10:14 AM
Friend

I'd gladly help in anyway after the 11th September.
I'm interested in submitting prints for consideration.
Looks like an 'open' subject as it seems to be the usual way of doing these things.
I think text should be included - the Yearbook for 2011 is a good template.

Only one question - who makes the decision on the final images for inclusion in the book?

Tony
Old 1st September 2014, 12:21 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMiller View Post
I'd gladly help in anyway after the 11th September.
I'm interested in submitting prints for consideration.
Looks like an 'open' subject as it seems to be the usual way of doing these things.
I think text should be included - the Yearbook for 2011 is a good template.

Only one question - who makes the decision on the final images for inclusion in the book?

Personally I am not bothered about who does this job. Over the years I have entered my work for exhibitions, books, competitions, magazines, salons and so on and as you have to accepted who the selectors are I have just got on with it, concentrated on getting the images together, and got the entry submitted. Mostly you will find whoever takes the job on will be very experienced and fair minded.

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 1st September 2014, 02:07 PM
Friend

I'm not concerned about who is doing the job or whether any images I submit are selected or not by whoever - I was simply asking a question. I thought that was the purpose of the thread.
Again, I seem to have the wrong end of the stick so I'll leave the powers that be to sort it out and keep my gob shut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&W Neil View Post
Personally I am not bothered about who does this job. Over the years I have entered my work for exhibitions, books, competitions, magazines, salons and so on and as you have to accepted who the selectors are I have just got on with it, concentrated on getting the images together, and got the entry submitted. Mostly you will find whoever takes the job on will be very experienced and fair minded.

Neil.

Tony
Old 1st September 2014, 02:40 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMiller View Post
I'm not concerned about who is doing the job or whether any images I submit are selected or not by whoever - I was simply asking a question. I thought that was the purpose of the thread.
Again, I seem to have the wrong end of the stick so I'll leave the powers that be to sort it out and keep my gob shut!

Tony,

I wasn't answering your question I was just saying that's the way I look at it and have done so for about 30 years now. Others here may well give you a different slant on the situation.

If you want an answer, but please bear in mind I am not the decision maker on this as that has all yet to be agreed - this has still be decided so I doubt if anyone knows who will be selecting the prints.

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 1st September 2014, 02:54 PM
Friend

Whilst I'm not intending to participate in the book if I might make a suggestion.

As per the request by Les, could anyone willing to help with organisation just post a message here saying only, "I volunteer" so we know clearly who is up for for helping. It's a bit vague at the moment who is offering to actually get involved in organisation.

Then if there are more than 5 a poll can be taken so people can vote to decide which 5 will be organisers. If there's less than 5 the its sorted already.

Then let the organisers do the organising (fine detail offline preferably).

In the mean time people can continue throw in suggestions but once the organisers have been established they can set a cut off point for suggestions and then get on with it.

Last edited by Argentum; 1st September 2014 at 03:00 PM.
Old 1st September 2014, 03:41 PM
Friend

Argentum makes a good point, we could go on like this for days, even weeks.

With regard to the print selection I'm happy to take responsibility for that job, after all it's likely that I'll be the only person who actually sees all prints submitted.

I will also not enter any work and just get on with the job of producing the book as soon as possible.
Old 1st September 2014, 04:05 PM
Friend

Many thanks Les - I support this offer / suggestion 100%

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 1st September 2014, 05:22 PM
Friend

As per Argentums suggestion - I volunteer

Ian
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies