Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > External Group Announcements

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 22nd February 2013, 10:18 AM
Friend

Default 100 mile return journey for a couple of beers anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo Batchelor View Post
Can you imagine holding 'Photostock U.K' on the Isle of Sky, people just won't drive the distance for it, where as in the U.S, it would be regarded as just popping over the border
I know exactly what you mean Stoo.

Having spent time on an American Summer Camp teaching FILM(!) photography many moons ago, a fellow American volunteer took me along to a 'local' bar from where we were, with about a 100 mile return journey for a couple of beers one night. BTW, the camp we were at was in a 'red-neck' area and he was Jewish and I was British so we couldn't use the really local bars = we just wouldn't have been served, amongst other things ;-)

It was hard enough getting some takeaway beer from one of the really local shops, just down the road from the camp. You had to prove you were over 21 (I was) and for what ever reason(?!?) my British Passport was not acceptable as a 'proper' ID. They begrudgingly sold the beer to the American with me though.

What a country eh? I do love it though and holiday there whenever I am able.

Terry S
Old 4th March 2013, 12:46 PM
Friend

Bill Schwab's Project has exceeded its funding goal still with several days to go. There apparently will be several workshops offered once the building is constructed. For me its 1400+ mile drive thru alot of Redneck country, but hope to make it this year.
Old 4th March 2013, 05:16 PM
Friend

I should mention that the additional funds above the initial goal will be used to finish off the interior of the workshop building. And Bill continues to add incentives for donations including a beautiful Tim Rudman print.
Old 23rd January 2014, 11:13 AM
Friend

I just wonder if anyone who contributed to the building of this workshop building received a print or book in the post as part of a way of thanks for their money.

Vincent - Not afraid of the dark
Old 23rd January 2014, 11:30 AM
Friend

Vincent.

Nothing yet but there was an email from Bill a short while ago explaining (and apologising) for the delay. I am sure the items will get sent shortly.

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 23rd January 2014, 05:15 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&W Neil View Post
Nothing yet but there was an email from Bill a short while ago explaining (and apologising) for the delay. I am sure the items will get sent shortly.
See: http://mad.ly/8d5344 and scroll down to the "Waterside Shipping Soon!" In another case of careful what you ask for, the response to Bill's campaign was more than he anticipated and that was enough to put him way behind on fulfilling pledges. Add problems with printers to that and there ya are. He's catching up.

(In the color group photo from Iceland, I'm 4th from the left ...)
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies