Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > New products and offers

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 29th November 2019, 05:12 PM
Friend

Yes Terry I wondered about the free magnet as well and have been looking for my match box kept since my schooldays with the iron filings in it or is this new marketing speak for a buying "hook"

There you are; I am now infected with such "speak" as well using words like "hook"

I am now one of those "marketing Herberts with dayglo braces" as a very amusing commercial Northampton radio advert used to say. The guy was a great impersonator of the late Wilfred Pickles with his no nonsense kind of speech delivery

Mike
Old 29th November 2019, 08:53 PM
Friend

I had to restrict myself to 5 packs of Microphen and some D3200. Once you start looking, the costs add up, even at sale prices.
Well done Ilford for offering the deal.
Alex.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 30th November 2019, 08:02 PM
Friend

Although the Ilford discount of 15% sounds good it is 15% off Ilfords prices which are higher than most of our sponsers and other mail order firms. Most of these firms offer free postage on orders over £100 or so and you don't need to order very much film and paper to reach this level. Yes there are savings to be made on this offer but they are not ones to get over excited about.

Tony
Old 30th November 2019, 08:27 PM
Friend

Agreed Tony....but i still get suckered into buying from Ilford.

In future i'll just either buy from a dealer direct or from an online store.....works out cheaper in the long run.

Mike
Old 30th November 2019, 11:25 PM
Friend

[QUOTE=mpirie;129055]Agreed Tony....but i still get suckered into buying from Ilford.

In future i'll just either buy from a dealer direct or from an online store.....works out cheaper in the long run.

Mike[/QUOTE

The ILFORD pricing is an odd one as one was previously able to get 10% off at all time with the correct discount code, but that option was removed at some point in recent years. The direct prices for some of the chemicals are not too bad with the 15% discount however.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies