Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > Introductions

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 17th August 2010, 04:40 PM
Friend

Default Hello from Cumbria

Hello

I am up near Keswick. Been meaning to join for a while and never got round to it. I hope my second post is not something negative about a camera dealer! (I will save it for the fourth).

I have been reading and enjoying the posts for a few months and now that APUG has gone a bit quiet in the little UK section, I thought I would jump in here tap the knowledge base.

Shooting Nikon, compacts and toy cameras, processing my own but no darkroom, sadly.

All the best
Jon
Old 17th August 2010, 05:18 PM
Friend

Welcome to FADU John and thanks for your introduction. Your toy cameras use sounds interesting - not something I have ever thought of doing myself - buy why not as it is a great idea :-) I hope you mange to post some example images in due course.

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 17th August 2010, 05:52 PM
Moderator & Keeper of the Calendar

Welcome to the forum Jon from another Cumbrian.

Bill
Old 17th August 2010, 06:21 PM
Friend

Hi Jon, so glad that you have found us. It's a very photogenic part of the country that you live in; I'm quite jealous
Old 17th August 2010, 07:26 PM
Friend

Hi Jon and welcome. You may not have a darkroom but you've got nearly all the scenery!

Mike
Old 17th August 2010, 08:41 PM
Friend

Hi and welcome to FADU

Neil
Old 17th August 2010, 08:54 PM
Friend

Thanks everyone. I'm still trying to figure this out using Safari, which won't save my password for some reason (I normally browse with firefox-adblock etc).
I just noticed a neat "similar threads" at the bottom of the page with Roy Fleming's name written on it. I'm pretty sure his was the enjoyable stuff in the exhibition I saw at Rheged last week and on the wall in a gallery in Keswick. And I think his stuff was in a local magazine this month - a busy fella.

Posting photos - is there a gallery here for general stuff or do we link to things like flickr? Thanks for the help.
Jon
Old 17th August 2010, 09:42 PM
Friend

Sorry, I just found the 'Albums', distinct from the four galleries, which is what I thought was the extent of it. I also got lost a bit and ended up in strange places (it looks different when you sign in?). All very Borgesian - what a giant site. Up until now, I had been going straight to a page which I don't see, called "Today's Posts" (or is it "New Posts") and reading all the new stuff, day in, day out. I think I will go and lie down.
Old 21st August 2010, 09:33 AM
Administrator

Welcome to fadu Jon.
Old 22nd August 2010, 09:39 AM
Administrator

Welcome aboard Jon. Yes, the site does grow a bit if you register and sign in - more "Alice In Wonderland" I like to think .

Safari still has some quirks (but also some nice touches too) so persevere - I'm also a Firefox + Adblock Plus man myself most of the time .

Nice part of the country up there - nearly moved there myself but jobs didn't seem that deep on the ground at the time (or now probably)...

Have fun, Bob.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies