Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Meetings

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 3rd May 2013, 06:36 AM
Friend

I see 6 post by barry in this thread, but I don't see the one I had email notification of (I subscribed to this thread for updates). According to my email the content of Barry's last post was as follows:

"Right, we need a date. How about Saturday 13th. at 09:00. Now we need a location. How about Grindleford. Do we want to shoot a village or landscapes. We could walk/drive from there to anywhere we wanted."
Old 3rd May 2013, 01:45 PM
Administrator

Odd - it should now be visible. Post #7 between two of Ian Lostlabours' posts:

Click image for larger version

Name:	BFPost7.png
Views:	251
Size:	163.1 KB
ID:	1741

Anyone else not able to see it?

Cheers, Bob.
Old 3rd May 2013, 02:26 PM
Friend

I see it now, posted 1st april, but its odd that I got the email notification of it just yesterday.
Old 3rd May 2013, 05:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
I see it now, posted 1st april, but its odd that I got the email notification of it just yesterday.
The email was probably because Barry's posts were being accidentally Moderated and I only realised yesterday and released them all in to the wild...

Sorry for the confusion.

Cheers, Bob.
Old 4th May 2013, 09:16 AM
Friend

It is now May and no meeting has taken place.
I will be at Grindleford train station at 11:00 on Saturday 18th. if anyone wishes to join me, I will be the one with a camera round my neck.

Barry
Old 9th May 2013, 04:30 AM
Friend

Default meeting

This is my final attempt to post into this thread. I will be at Grindleford station at 11:00 on Saturday 18th. May. I will be glad, and surprised, to see anyone there who wishes to go for a photographic foray.

Barry
Old 9th May 2013, 06:14 AM
Friend

18th is fine with me subject to confirming I can get someone to look after my mother for the day. Should know in a day or so.

If that's the case I could meet Barry in Derby if that helps.

My preference is to shoot up on Millstone Edge for a couple of hours then drop South after Lunch to somewhere else, I know the area reasonably but DaveP might know some places I've not been to.

Ian
Old 9th May 2013, 06:46 AM
Friend

I'll try and have a think of some locations. You could consider gardoms edge for instance, but for middle-of-the-day-in-may light, assuming its sunny, might be better off somewhere out of direct sunlight for a few hours. I've not been down there yet but a lot of the limestone dales/meadows should be coming into flower about now, and of course there's always the potential for bluebells etc.

Not sure I will be able to make it due to workload/family, but maybe. If someone PMs me some mobile numbers I can try and pop out later.
Old 9th May 2013, 07:56 AM
Friend

the roaches and lud's church look pretty cool but on the opposite side. not been there personally but seen snaps on t'internet. despite being in notts, won't be able to make it as misses boffday and don't think she'll take to kindly to me vanishing for the best part of a day!

The quirky bookshop in Cromford is always worth a visit if you're passing. They've always got a selection of photo books plus a cafe selling homemade cakes and tea!

Happy snapping!
Old 9th May 2013, 04:00 PM
Friend

Roaches is great but its a good 45mins drive from Grindleford:

A few places worth considering are the limestone dales, especially those on the disused and newly reopened to walkers/bikes Buxton to Bakewell railway line:

Cheedale - now has the old railway tunnels open which are a good subject in themselves but also gives quick and flat access to the main deep part of the dale, which will be starting to have all sit summer vegetation out without being swamped. Stepping stones, flowing river, crags etc.

Water-Cum-Jolly dale - nice in places in the valley etc:

There's also tons of other dales with nice spring flowers etc.

Also Robin Hood's Stride south of bakewell is interesting, but again its mainly quite open so no great midday unless its stormy weather.

There's also a few random spots not too far from grindleford too which might be worth a look, like the river by the bridge at froggatt/stoke brook.

I'll try and think of a few more.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies