Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Members Announcements

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 5th February 2021, 12:21 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHeller View Post
A fine canvas sail cloth is what you want. ...an offcut would do? Perhaps when (or if) this current situation eases and you are in no hurry I will have a recce.

Cheers, Mike
Thanks Mike, I appreciate your offer.

I'm having a quick look on line, and if I find no joy, I'll take you up Mike.

Many thanks,

Terry S
Old 9th February 2021, 06:14 PM
Friend

Well, I think that I've found something suitable on ebay.

I bought the minimum one metre in length and with the width being about two metres or so, I'll have enough for about four to five covers, which will be handy if I don't manage to sew the edges straight first time around!

It was about a tenner all in, so relatively cheap, if I remember correctly, when compared to the old price for a shop bought one.

When I get around to producing one that works, I'll let you all see it and tell you if it was easy or not to knock up. The sewing machine is in the darkroom in the log cabin at the end of the garden, and it's blooming cold up there at the moment, even with a small fan heater at my feet, so no sewing or printing is happening at the moment.

Roll on a rise in temperature - even a few degrees make all the difference.

Terry S
Old 26th March 2021, 04:36 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
Well, I think that I've found something suitable on ebay.

I bought the minimum one metre in length and with the width being about two metres or so, I'll have enough for about four to five covers, which will be handy if I don't manage to sew the edges straight first time around!

It was about a tenner all in, so relatively cheap, if I remember correctly, when compared to the old price for a shop bought one.

When I get around to producing one that works, I'll let you all see it and tell you if it was easy or not to knock up.

Terry S
Well, I finally got around to making one, (as now mentioned on two other threads) rather than buy a new canvas ready made, at an over the top price and I'm very happy with the result.

Sorry to repeat myself over three threads, but it goes to show how often the same questions pop up!

Terry S
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FB print drier canvas ONE.JPG
Views:	363
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	4123   Click image for larger version

Name:	FB print drier canvas TWO.JPG
Views:	354
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	4124  
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies