Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   Keyphoto   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   RK Photo   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies   Silverprint Ltd

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13th September 2020, 01:54 PM
Friend

Terry, I appreciate the thread is about spotting white blobs on RC paper and the associated difficulties but do I take it that there is a black mark on the negative causing this which cannot be removed and when you project the negative onto the easel the speck's projection clearly shows itself?

It doesn't sound like this was this a piece of dust /grit that was on the film in the camera when exposed or it would be a clear spot on the negative post processing that shows as a black blob on the paper?
Again stating the obvious but I take it the black spot on the neg is part of the negative now and there is no way that a black element has attached itself to the negative post processing?

I may have been very lucky but in 16 years of processing I cannot recall ever seeing such a black spec that was a post processing speck which another wash and dry or even blast of air could not remove.

Mike

Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   Keyphoto   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   RK Photo   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies   Silverprint Ltd