Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Cameras - medium format

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 14th January 2020, 01:01 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Archer View Post
I'm following this thread with interest. A friend has just lent me his old Hasselblad 500c/m to check over and test with film as he's thinking of getting back into film photography. It's the first one I've ever actually handled, let alone used. I really is lovely to use. I had a Bronica ETRSi for many years and this feels more solid and somehow intuitive to use. I haven't finished the film so can't comment on the quality of the glass yet but I don't expect to be disappointed!

On the other hand, will it persuade me to switch from my Mamiya 7ii? I suspect not but I'll reserve judgement.
Rob - I feel you pain, my friend.

It's a tough job and I guess someone has to do it.

Martin
Old 15th January 2020, 06:39 PM
Friend

Over the past 50+ years (!) I have owned a variety of MF film cameras (Yashica Mat 124G, Pentacon 6, Mamiya C3, Rolleicord Vb, Fuji GW690II) but until three years ago, never a Hasselblad. Put a toe in the water with the purchase of an early 500C with 80mm Planar. A delight to use and really enjoyed the results. Last month I decided to 'upgrade' to a later model by buying a 503CX with 80mm CF (sold the 500C etc on commission and received almost 50% more than I paid for it!). The Acute Mat D screen definitely makes composing and focussing easier and the wind-on crank is a plus point. Finished off roll no. 10 today, will dev tomorrow. My other film cameras are feeling very neglected...
Flickr Site
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies