Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   Keyphoto   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   RK Photo   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies   Silverprint Ltd

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Sale or Wanted

  ***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 29th October 2020, 03:59 PM
Quendil Quendil is offline
Friend
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Cornwall
Posts: 330
Default Free Enlarger on Talk Photography

Someone is offering a Durst AC707 for collection only from Bury St Edmonds

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/th.../#post-8814539
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 29th October 2020, 07:01 PM
Mike O'Pray Mike O'Pray is offline
Friend
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Daventry, Northants
Posts: 7,763
Default

Unfortunately Quendil you have to be a member even
to have a look at it. Not a problem for anyone looking for such with a view to obtaining an enlarger but more hassle than it's worth to me just for a look

Mike
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 29th October 2020, 08:16 PM
Quendil Quendil is offline
Friend
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Cornwall
Posts: 330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O'Pray View Post
Unfortunately Quendil you have to be a member even
to have a look at it. Not a problem for anyone looking for such with a view to obtaining an enlarger but more hassle than it's worth to me just for a look

Mike

Oh well, just thought I would share as he said itís going to the tip Monday which seems a shame

David


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 29th October 2020, 09:19 PM
Mike O'Pray Mike O'Pray is offline
Friend
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Daventry, Northants
Posts: 7,763
Default

Quendil it is a worthwhile piece of info for anyone looking for an enlarger and good of you to make the effort

It is probably just me who has this thing these days about having to join any and everything to even get a cursory look

Mike
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 29th October 2020, 11:10 PM
Quendil Quendil is offline
Friend
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Cornwall
Posts: 330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O'Pray View Post
Quendil it is a worthwhile piece of info for anyone looking for an enlarger and good of you to make the effort

It is probably just me who has this thing these days about having to join any and everything to even get a cursory look

Mike

No I completely agree, I only happen to be a member of that site before I found this one. I only generally lurk on that site these days

David


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 2nd November 2020, 07:05 PM
Bob's Avatar
Bob Bob is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: London
Posts: 2,280
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O'Pray View Post
Quendil it is a worthwhile piece of info for anyone looking for an enlarger and good of you to make the effort

It is probably just me who has this thing these days about having to join any and everything to even get a cursory look

Mike
It's not just you Mike!

I use one-time, throwaway email addresses for these kinds of things.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 2nd November 2020, 07:53 PM
Mike O'Pray Mike O'Pray is offline
Friend
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Daventry, Northants
Posts: 7,763
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
It's not just you Mike!

I use one-time, throwaway email addresses for these kinds of things.
Seems obvious but I hadn't thought of that until you mentioned it. How does this work? Do you just make an name and e-mail destination up?

Presumably it has to be a correct e-mail destination or an algorithm in the registration system throws up "fake" and prevents you getting any further? My concern would be that I could use a legit e-mail address such as hotmail with a made-up name and saddle someone who has that name and e-mail address with junk mail or have I missed something about how it works that ensures I do not saddle a poor unfortunate with such spam but still gain entry?

Thanks

Mike
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 3rd November 2020, 01:37 AM
Bob's Avatar
Bob Bob is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: London
Posts: 2,280
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O'Pray View Post
Seems obvious but I hadn't thought of that until you mentioned it. How does this work? Do you just make an name and e-mail destination up?

Presumably it has to be a correct e-mail destination or an algorithm in the registration system throws up "fake" and prevents you getting any further? My concern would be that I could use a legit e-mail address such as hotmail with a made-up name and saddle someone who has that name and e-mail address with junk mail or have I missed something about how it works that ensures I do not saddle a poor unfortunate with such spam but still gain entry?

Thanks

Mike
There are various sites you can use to get a temporary email address. The "no-free-lunch" here is that they have more advanced services they would like to sell you as you can't usually send an email from these sites, only receive them, but they don't ask for any info to use the free service.

I use a plug-in for Firefox called "Bloody Vikings" which is basically just a list of such sites you select one from. Usually the email address lasts for a short time (10 to 30 minutes) - long enough for it to receive a "click here to confirm your email address" email from the site. Or if they do not require you to confirm your email address just enter somenonsensetext@hotmail.com - that is technically a valid address and there is no way to identify if a hotmail email address actually exists without sending an email to it and see if your email gets bounced back at you. But most of these sites want you to confirm your address before they let you in (your email address being one of the things about you they can sell) hence the need for the temporary ones.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 3rd November 2020, 12:42 PM
Mike O'Pray Mike O'Pray is offline
Friend
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Daventry, Northants
Posts: 7,763
Default

Many thanks Bob for the comprehensive reply

Mike
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 4th November 2020, 08:56 AM
Keith Haithwa Keith Haithwa is offline
Friend
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 20
Default

Regarding the Classified section on Talk Photography my friend just got this message then he tried to access it:

'If you're wondering why you cannot see the classifieds forums here, it's because you don't have full access.
Full access is given when you have been a member for 60 days and made 25 non-spammy posts.'
Reply With Quote
Reply
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   Keyphoto   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   RK Photo   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies   Silverprint Ltd

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FREE LPL 6700 Colour Enlarger Quendil Sale or Wanted 8 19th January 2019 01:20 PM
Old enlarger going free to anyone who wants cesare Sale or Wanted 1 9th May 2015 05:18 PM
free enlarger JOReynolds Sale or Wanted 5 18th October 2013 08:30 AM
Free 35mm colour enlarger JOReynolds Darkroom 1 27th September 2013 05:03 PM
Meopta colour Enlarger free Tone Sale or Wanted 3 30th January 2010 02:05 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.