Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Darkroom

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 24th June 2011, 02:36 PM
Friend

Default Paterson Orbital

Jut been given one of these at uni and just want to check its all there. Can't really see us using it so next question... what are they worth?

We have the orbital tray, cover and one internal bit, and stand, no lid for the round filling hole (pic looks like they don't have one) set of 3 cup for doing the magic disappearing ball under the cups trick I assume and one little red plastic peg.

Then we have the motor drive base too

both are boxed and the motor drive has the instruction leaflet.
Old 24th June 2011, 03:02 PM
Friend

They came with 6 red pegs, but that apart it seems to be all there. Still popular, if you do a search on eBay you should be able to gauge prices from recent sales.
I use mine for developing my 10x8 prints and sheet film; see the notes in the article section for more information on the latter.
Old 24th June 2011, 03:25 PM
Friend

£40-70 seems about the going rate for a reasonable developer but no sign of any of the motorised bases to gauge a price on that.
Old 24th June 2011, 05:04 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puggie View Post
£40-70 seems about the going rate for a reasonable developer but no sign of any of the motorised bases to gauge a price on that.
Really? I paid about £5 for mine.

Steve.
Old 24th June 2011, 05:08 PM
Friend

Yes, the prices seem to have gone through the roof of late. I felt myself lucky to pick up a brand new one for £15
"To the attentive eye, each moment of the year has its own beauty, and in the same field, it beholds, every hour, a picture which was never seen before, and which will never be seen again" Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Timespresent
Arenaphotographers
Old 24th June 2011, 05:57 PM
Friend

I guess "reasonable" can depend on whether you are buying or selling.
Old 24th June 2011, 07:18 PM
Friend

'reasonable' was refering to condition I was hoping to clear enough for a budget lens for a dig..... digi..... digitttttt.......... digital camera for uni (we got a freebie eos300d). Ideally I would like a nice budget EF lens so we can get a cheap EOS film camera for loaning out too (EOS650 or similar) and share the lens.

looks like ebay may get me that, but I'll make it available here first, give it a clean tomorrow and do some pics.
Old 25th June 2011, 06:37 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puggie View Post
'reasonable' was refering to condition I was hoping to clear enough for a budget lens for a dig..... digi..... digitttttt.......... digital camera for uni (we got a freebie eos300d). Ideally I would like a nice budget EF lens so we can get a cheap EOS film camera for loaning out too (EOS650 or similar) and share the lens.

looks like ebay may get me that, but I'll make it available here first, give it a clean tomorrow and do some pics.

Thanks for the clarification and good luck with the sale.
Old 28th June 2012, 12:29 AM
Friend

If its any use as a guide, I have just bought a boxed / unused example on Ebay for £48 delivered. It had only been listed for 3 hours.
Old 28th June 2012, 11:00 AM
Friend

The one peg limits who would be interested as people like to have at least 4, but I am sure something can be used instead, but it would probably mean the price achieved would be less.

Most tend to go for around the £50 mark complete.

Neil
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies