Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > Introductions

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 10th September 2009, 10:27 AM
Friend

From your blog Andrew, the 3 bath development of B&W sheet-films looks interesting. Would you explain your method and formula in another thread on the forum?
Old 10th September 2009, 10:34 AM
Friend

Welcome Andrew

www.davidlingham.uk
Old 11th September 2009, 01:51 AM
Friend

Hi Andrew. I've just look at your images (Paper Negative) on your web site and thay are magnificient. Too bad I leave in Canada because I think that I would love to have a workshop on the subject.
Old 12th September 2009, 03:57 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Tapscott. View Post
From your blog Andrew, the 3 bath development of B&W sheet-films looks interesting. Would you explain your method and formula in another thread on the forum?
Dear Keith, I would if I had any more to pass on. I've been distraced by other projects, jobs and commitments, so haven't had time to explore it properly.
I was thinking of starting with Multigrade dev in tray three mixed at 1-20 and putting half a dozen sheets through, varying the time in the final bath from 30 seconds up to 3 mins and judging the results.
Old 12th September 2009, 05:53 PM
Friend

Andrew,

Have you tried staining developers (e.g. Pyrocat-HD)? I have found the aforementioned developer irons out some need for development adjustment.

Tom
Old 4th August 2010, 06:31 PM
Friend

Hi Andrew

Welcome to FADU. Looking forward to reading some of your posts.

Andy
Old 4th August 2010, 07:31 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Sanderson View Post
Reply to Tom in the introductions section. Sorry if it's in the wrong place, -I'm still getting used to this.

Dear Tom, I have to admit that I am disappointed with the way I see university education going. The whole set-up seems to exist to justify itself and to avoid trouble by adhering to every rule and government objective. The education of the students comes way down the list!
Added to that, the limited time the tutor is actually allowed to spend in 'contact time' (proper teaching) means you have a system which is drawn in tight in the wrong places.
There are committed and talented tutors out there, I have met many of them, but the system is stifling and the paperwork (and that includes self justifying waffle) must come before the students needs unfortunately.
Another major problem is that University funding is linked to bums on seats, so they are very reluctant to chuck anyone off the course, -however terrible they are!
The consequence is that the keen student get less of the tutors time because the tutor is occupied with the thickheads who need the same simple, basic technical info that you gave them a hundred times before.

A bit of a rant Tom, but I've been up to my neck in uni stuff today and it can be frustrating.
Andrew.
Welcome Andrew, I think I was lucky in being able to complete my course and get a very good grade. If it was not for the great tutor we had fighting the students corner, The collage would have droped the course part way through the term leaving us all high and dry.

http://photomi7ch.blogspot.com/

If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth.
Old 4th August 2010, 08:25 PM
Administrator

Andrew has been here a while - it was Keith's post that precipitated sudden life into the thread so I have moved it to a nice shiny new thread of its own! >>> http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.or...ead.php?t=2883

Cheers, Bob.

Keith's post was:
Quote:
Hi Andrew

I'm following you onto this forum as another newcomer and very much looking forward to your visit to Lancashire Monochrome on 21st November.

If anyone reading this has some Kodak Technidol Film Developer they would be prepared let go in my dirtection I will be eternally grateful!

Keith

Tags
gum printing, large format, paper negative, split grade printing
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies