Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > Introductions

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 6th July 2011, 12:19 PM
Friend

Hi Ian,

Yes we will be shipping to Europe, It’s on my to-do list... I have got all the UK postage/courier prices on there, but nothing national yet.. I will put your request to the top of the list and start working on the costs for you.

Once there on there it will change your shipping costs when you select your country or input your delivery address,

It won’t be long!

Thanks for your feedback.
Old 6th July 2011, 02:14 PM
Friend

Hello James and welcome. While the new site is easy to navigate, it might assist newcomers if you were to make it clearer on the home page that prices are inclusive of VAT. On the old site they were exclusive of VAT. Former visitors might assume a price increase has taken place. There is "a lot of it about" as the saying goes

Two further points if I may:

1. It seems a pity that it is only Adox MCC paper and not this plus the MCP paper that is available.

2. I note that a 100 sheets of Ilford MGIV Pearl in 5x7 costs £20.08 but 250 sheets are proportionally more at £57.84. I would have expected 250 to be say £50.20( 2.5 times £20.08) or even slightly less on the basis that bigger quantities are sometimes less.

What you charge is of course entirely your business but it struck me that this might be an error?

Thanks

Mike
Old 7th July 2011, 02:18 PM
Friend

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your feedback; I have now added a logo to the home page showing that all prices now include VAT,

With regards to your other 2 points:

1) We keep stock of the MCC papers but no longer the MCP due to the demand not being as great, they were removed from the website as we are not planning on keeping it as a stock item anymore. We do have some dribs and drabs left which I will list here, Please note these prices are pre silver increase.

3x25sheets 16x20 Semi matt £49.20 each (inc vat)
3x25sheets 20x24 Semi matt £74.40 each (inc vat)
1x25sheets 16x20 Glossy £49.20 each (inc vat)
4x25sheets 20x24 Glossy £74.40 each (inc vat)

2) our prices are based on discounts received from Ilford, they currently offer a much better discount on the 100's rather than the 250's, I am actually going to remove the 250's from the site today due to this reason.

Thanks again for your feedback, it’s really helpful to know exactly what you (the customer) wants & needs changed on the site.

Best Regards

James
Old 7th July 2011, 03:34 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesProcess View Post
Hi Mike,

Thanks for your feedback; I have now added a logo to the home page showing that all prices now include VAT,

2) our prices are based on discounts received from Ilford, they currently offer a much better discount on the 100's rather than the 250's, I am actually going to remove the 250's from the site today due to this reason.

Best Regards

James
Thanks. Yes the VAT INC on the home page is now very clear and I think this is helpful.

I can only assume that the Ilford discount is based on economies of scale in packing terms - boxes of 100 being in vastly greater demand . Having seen its packing operation on a Mobberley tour this may make sense.

Mike
Old 10th July 2011, 08:40 PM
Friend

Thanks for clearing up the VAT I was one assuming it was the same as the old site. That makes the 4x5 Kodak T-Max and Tri-X far cheaper than the overpriced Ilford equivalent might tempt me away from the Adox I started using for some work.

Neil
Old 15th July 2011, 11:05 AM
Friend

Ho no!!! What’s happened to the site!!! I hope you will be taking orders again soon!!! I preferred your new site compared the old one, I could actually find what I was looking for!
Old 27th July 2011, 12:07 PM
Friend

Welcome & nice site! Especially like the look of you focusing cloths
Old 10th March 2012, 11:50 AM
Friend

James, could you please clarify the type of Kodak colour paper listed as "Ultra Endura III"? I'd be interested in a 72-inch wide roll, preferably F surface. Please let me know.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies