Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > Introductions

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 13th January 2013, 09:53 AM
Friend

Default Hi, I'm BobrB

I am here in FADU several months, finally I decided to write something about me.

My name is Petr and my nickname "Bobr" means in czech language "beaver". As you could recognise from last sentence I am from Czech republic - specifically from small village near capital Prague.

Photography is my hobby I am interested in almost whole my life. Sometimes I am keen on it, sometimes I am not interested in so much.
I am not sure when I started taking pictures, but waves of greater activity are associated with impulsions from new cameras. On grammar school I recieved from my father his own russian SLR camera Zenit and it was first great impulsion for my phorographic career. With my clasmate we found old darkroom and we spent a lot of time there. It needed to equip it and find how all that tools works. Our results was not good becouse we used old expired films and papers, but it was cheep and we learned basics of darkroom work.
After a few years Zenit camera become corrupt several times and my enthusiasm went down. Sometimes I used camera from our club for documentation of our activities but there was no ambitions. Suddenly I won photographic competition announced by Czech Union for Nature Preservation. It was new impulsion, I bought new SLR camera Pentax MZ-5 and started to take more pictures. I started to photograph in color negatives and was keen of that colors. With my knowledge grew also requirements and I was not often satisfied with minilab work so I started to take pictures on slides.
Almost three years ago I become a member of "Czech APUG" and returned to black and white photography. After all that years I discovered that my requirements and expectations was greater and I bought my first middle-format SLR camera Mamiya 645 Pro.

My prefered theme is lanscape and I am usually nervous about people in viewfinder. I prefer landscape semi-details and love perspective of wide lenses. I usually take pictures on trips and on holliday jurneys. It is becouse of lack of time on another days.

I still take pictures on classical film. I use black and white negative becouse of details in halftones and possibility to affect results by steps of process. I also use colour slides due to vivid colors. I like slide projection. It is always special occation. There is no need to invite a lot of people (I can be alone) but always I have such festive feeling of that. Several times I took pictures to infra-red film. It is very interesting and totally different kind of black and white photography but sometimes it is nice or can highlight some situations.

I own small darkroom where I can make all negative and positive process. Film development is usually no problem but making pictures is more time consuming. It means I usually have a lot of developed films and have no time to make pictures from them. I like time spend in darkroom and results of my work there.
Old 13th January 2013, 09:56 AM
Friend

I almost forgot - If you want to see me I willl be next week in Dartmoor :-)
Old 13th January 2013, 10:30 AM
Friend

Hi. welcome to the forum
Old 13th January 2013, 11:17 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrb View Post
I almost forgot - If you want to see me I willl be next week in Dartmoor :-)

Hi Petr,

I enjoyed reading your introdufction and I look forward to seeing you and Leo (again) on Dartmoor next week.

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 13th January 2013, 11:28 AM
Friend

Welcome to FADU, Petr!

MonoArt - fine photographs
Old 13th January 2013, 11:39 AM
Administrator

Welcome to fadu Petr, I shall also meet you on Dartmoor
Old 13th January 2013, 12:52 PM
Friend

Welcome Petr. The Zenit might not have been the best camera but it was very tough. Several years ago a friend of mine tied one to the seat of a motorbike. It fell off while he was doing about 60 kph, landed on grassy bank and it was still usable!

Mike
Old 13th January 2013, 12:58 PM
Friend

Hi Petr and welcome to fadu,my first Slr was also a Zenit, and I had a lot of fun with it.
Richard
Old 13th January 2013, 05:47 PM
Friend

Hi Peter,welcom to FADU
borek
Old 13th January 2013, 06:27 PM
Friend

Hello and welcome to the forum. Nice introduction.

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies