Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Closed Thread

Old 15th May 2019, 09:09 PM
Friend

Default film scanners

Hi can anyone advise me on a film scanner been looking at canon canoscan 9000f mk11 and Epson perfection v600 my budget is £300 max jut bought a bronica etrsi not used yet but would like to see results on the big screen before print not got into developing yet that's the next project.
Old 16th May 2019, 05:47 AM
Friend

Good Morning Bumble.
I don't scan, so can't really help. When you get around to developing and wet printing you'll find a huge amount of experience and support here.

There have been a couple of previous questions like yours, and the mods here have locked them. Their intention is to keep this as film and darkroom user. There are indeed a few folk here who do scan negatives, mostly for proofing; 35mm contacts are pretty small to judge, and personally I do see the reasoning behind scanning.
However, the mods (probably rightly) take the view that once some discussion of scanning and digital workflow gets going, it will only increase.
Even if this thread is closed, you might get the odd message directing you to places 'Hyrid' working is a legitmate topic. There's
https://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/

Although your shooting 120, there's good discussion of scanning there.
Also Photrio?

I very much hope that you continue to visit FADU. There's a wealth of knowledge here to do with all aspects of film and camera use. If you move to wet printing we run regular print exchanges, which give members a chance to see the work of other darkroom printers, and to share their own.
A belated welcome to FADU, and looking forward to seeing you continue as a member.
Old 16th May 2019, 05:47 AM
Moderator & Keeper of the Calendar

Sorry but not an appropriate post for this forum. We deal in film and DARKROOM only. There are plenty of other sources of this information on the web.

This policy is in line with Rule 10. “10. The discussion of digital image capture, equipment, or hard copy production is taboo; however we do allow the posting of small digitally captured images in posts and articles purely for illustrative and informative reasons. We reiterate that this site is not anti-digital, simply pro-film and darkroom; anti-digital rants will be removed.”

Bill.

Last edited by Bill; 16th May 2019 at 08:14 AM.
Closed Thread
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies