Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 1st April 2020, 11:47 PM
Friend

Default just my luck

I live next to a field that used to be a dairy farm but now people graze there horses there ,and there are stables ,so when I was told DONT go out I was happy in the knowledge well I could photograph the horses over the garden fence ,but when they were supposed to let them in to the field next to me ,would you believe it ,the horses have got some sort of virus and cannot mix so they are locked up in the stables ,just like us really ,so no horses to photograph . so until they let them out ..here are some 10x8 scanned prints .I thank you ….

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0005.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	242.6 KB
ID:	3683

Name:	IMG_0018.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	169.2 KB
ID:	3684

Name:	IMG_0016.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	187.2 KB
ID:	3685
Old 2nd April 2020, 08:57 AM
Friend

A very good idea Paul.

I do like this set of pics but pic2 (the wide lens shot) is an absolute cracker :-)

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 2nd April 2020, 10:52 AM
Friend

I had the smile when I saw the small pony with the black spots. Either it had been somehow crossed with a Dalmatian, or graffiti artists had been at work. Whatever! It is the most unusual colouring/pattern I have seen on an old nag
Old 2nd April 2020, 12:03 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by John King View Post
I had the smile when I saw the small pony with the black spots. Either it had been somehow crossed with a Dalmatian, or graffiti artists had been at work. Whatever! It is the most unusual colouring/pattern I have seen on an old nag

John,

The spotted horse /pony probably has a touch of Appaloosa in its breeding. They make ideal B&W subjects - ;-)

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 2nd April 2020, 12:07 PM
Friend

good news folks they have started to let them in to the field so we are happy now ….

Name:	23431_12386959425919c6e8ddfa4.jpg
Views:	450
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	3686
Old 2nd April 2020, 12:23 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&W Neil View Post
The spotted horse /pony probably has a touch of Appaloosa in its breeding. They make ideal B&W subjects - ;-)

Neil.
Another 'word of the day' that I didn't know and have just looked up.

It's not just about photos on this site!

Terry S
Old 2nd April 2020, 12:38 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by big paul View Post
good news folks they have started to let them in to the field so we are happy now ….

Attachment 3686
You are luckier than I am, all I have is a few trees to look at, \i like horses, and wish I had some to photograph, and I like the photos that you have here. Keep well
Richard
Old 2nd April 2020, 01:26 PM
Friend

Default Confined to Barracks!

Apart from 4 reasons to leave home that is and I use my exercise period to photograph where I have been and what I have seen/noticed. So far I have used 2 cassettes of 35mm so not too bad, and as my apparent ability to walk further improves I have other possibilities. Luckily where I live there are not so many people but an awful lot of sheep. Lambing time soon so more opportunities!

Are you not allowed out at all Richard? From what I saw on a trip to Jersey a few years ago there are almost endless possibilities to record sites on the Island. I suppose if you really wanted to you could walk right across the island east/west then north/south, fitness allowing of course.
Old 2nd April 2020, 02:11 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by John King View Post
Apart from 4 reasons to leave home that is and I use my exercise period to photograph where I have been and what I have seen/noticed. So far I have used 2 cassettes of 35mm so not too bad, and as my apparent ability to walk further improves I have other possibilities. Luckily where I live there are not so many people but an awful lot of sheep. Lambing time soon so more opportunities!

Are you not allowed out at all Richard? From what I saw on a trip to Jersey a few years ago there are almost endless possibilities to record sites on the Island. I suppose if you really wanted to you could walk right across the island east/west then north/south, fitness allowing of course.
We are allowed out for 2 hours a day, and I do go for some nice coastal walks, and I have so far used 3 120 films, the weather has so far been lousy, as far as walking the islad is 45 sq miles, and it can take several hours to get around it, every year bar this one there is a charity walk around the island, they set off at around 4 AM and many finish at 9 or 10pm, My wife does it every year with her sister, we are also allowed use of our cars to travel to and from the beaches and coastal walks, but must include the journey in our daily allowance, must also include any shoping also, where I live is around 20 inutes from a coastal walk, so 20 minutes there 20 back leaves just over an hour to walk , Could be worse, a lot of folk here with undyling serious health problems are confined 24 hours a day, Thank heaven I stocked up with paper and chemistry in early Febuary and have plenty in stock, so at least I have tje darktroom to escape to, as I am here on my own, my Wife retired from nursing 16 onths ago as a nurse consultant and has been called back to work, so we have decided to live apart until this is over, we talk on the phone every day, but it is worrying with all the talk of lack of PPE, although she does tell me that at the moment syocks are ok here
Richard
Old 2nd April 2020, 02:23 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by big paul View Post

Attachment 3686

Love this one too - well done! You have a great gift for unusal horsey pics

Neil.

Neil Souch
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies