Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Toy Cameras

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 5th January 2014, 11:00 PM
Friend

I have a few part-used disposable cameras in the house or car; my wife starts them and never finishes them off. I shall try and complete one of them by the end of the month. In the meantime I've just finished a roll in a Vivitar Ultra Wide and Slim - one aperture, one shutter speed, 22mm lens - I'll see if there's something worth posting in the toy cameras gallery.

Here on Tyneside there's a good supply of film cameras for sale in charity shops, car boot sales, and at Tynemouth Market. The above-mentioned Vivitar was purchased for £1 at Tynemouth Market; for £2 I have bought an Olympus Trip and for £3, an Olmypus Mju. I'm still looking for a bargain Leica for £4...

Recently, Morrisons' had Fuji disposables for sale at £1.98, but they seem to have gone now.
Old 8th January 2014, 05:19 PM
Friend

Spent the day walking the coast between Cromer and Sheringham to see what damage has been done to the cliffs. If you had a beach hut along that stretch, it is now firewood somewhere down in Suffolk

Still got half a roll to shoot, so I'll probably grab a few shots when I go in to town.
Old 6th April 2015, 01:42 PM
Friend

Time to resurect this oldish forum post.

I'm sure I took part in this but can't find a print of mine in the gallery?...

So, how about reserecting this idea for spring, as we are expecting a sunny week this week?

Anyone fancy joining in?

Terry S
Old 6th April 2015, 07:39 PM
Friend

My film from the plastic panorama camera worked out OK. In fact I was quite pleased with the results. It was just a shame that the camera disintegrated when it came to rewind the film... so disposable really.
I'll see if I can find them and post it couple here.
Old 6th April 2015, 07:59 PM
Friend

I'll give it a go, have not got a disposable, but will get one over the next week or so and see what comes in front of the lens.

Will come back when I have some results.

Ian
Old 7th April 2015, 04:38 PM
Friend

This was what I used last time... ripped out the panorama 'gate' and stuck on a flash

And a snap...

I could give it another go this weekend. Hopefully I'll be able to find another 'toy' camera by then.
Old 7th April 2015, 05:12 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpres View Post
This was what I used last time... ripped out the panorama 'gate' and stuck on a flash

And a snap...

I could give it another go this weekend. Hopefully I'll be able to find another 'toy' camera by then.
That's a wicked set of pic.s
I missed this post otherwise I would have given it ago.

http://photomi7ch.blogspot.com/

If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth.
Old 8th April 2015, 11:01 AM
Friend

Still time to give it a go Mitch!!!

I'm trying to restart the thread for 2015, to see if there is enough interest in some of us having another go at it.

Maybe with a deadline of the end of this month or next, now that the weather is getting a little brighter - which is generally required for most disposable or general point and shooters.

Terry S
Old 9th April 2015, 09:34 PM
Friend

Hey-hey! Look what happens if you don't pay attention for a few days (painted the sitting room, fitted new fire surround . . . )
TerryS, disposable cameras come back from the dead!!

I'll see what junk is lying about the house and get out at the weekend, but I have to say Xpres is setting the bar for now.
Old 23rd April 2015, 11:22 AM
Friend

All gone a bit quiet for the disposable camera thing... ?

I've been looking out in all my usual places for something suitable and was resigned to having to fish something out of my 'store', but then all was well as a bunch turned up at once.

So I have this one. A Nikon AFL35 from the eighties. Disposable charity shop fare now, but quite OK in its day I believe.

I put some batteries in and it appears to work... so off we go.

No one else found anything?

I'm going to combine shooting with foundlings, such as this, with producing something for the yearbook.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies