Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Colour Work > Colour printing techniques

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 7th April 2021, 06:56 AM
Friend

Default Kodak Blix vs others

hi all

i’ve only ever used Kodak RA4 blix but it seems to be hard to get hold of at the moment

I assume that Tetanal or Adox which are in stock locally will do exactly the same thing but I have been wrong before ....

i print on Fuji crystal archive if that has any bearing

best

robin
Old 7th April 2021, 07:44 AM
Friend

Kodak blix (For RA4) is all I ever use. Have you tried companies like AG Photographic or any of the other main suppliers.

I have tried Tetenal and to be honest it has always left me questioning the efficiency. A Kodak 20 litre kit is now quite expensive, but with a lower replenishment rate it is cheaper than Tetenal.
Old 7th April 2021, 07:51 AM
Friend

I have just looked at the AG Photographic website and for a Kodak 20lt bleach fix kit they advertise it as in stock for £62.49 plus postage. The Tetenal equivalent is £78.59 for a 40 litre kit plus postage (also in stock) Order early enough, it is usually next day delivery by DPD or if they are very busy, no later than two days.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies