Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Negative Printing Exchange

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 6th August 2022, 12:18 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginald S View Post
Terry, did you get an answer from Skellum?
As I said, his FADU inbox appears full, as it wouldn't let me send a PM to him. I didn't want to put any pressure on him, as he has 'complications with family stuff', so the last thing I did was put a message on this thread addressed to him on 02 July 2022.

Just checking under 'Friends', it appears that Skellum was last on FADU on 25 July 2022, but I don't know if he read this thread or not.

If I hear anything from him, I will let you know.

We can now only wait, whilst wishing him well.

Terry S
Old 14th August 2022, 05:55 AM
Friend

Yesterday I received my "answer form, Rob. Again, we have a very different interpretation of the neg. I all three in the Gallery.

First a few words about the subject, a church. In this church, Robert Schumann and Clara Wieck married in 1840. Clara's father Friedrich wanted to prevent the marriage, and the couple had to fight for their right in court. You may read more from that in Wikipedia.

The church is not easy to photograph from this side because of the tramway line. I had to accept a post in the photograph.

I tried reproducing the bright summer day and made an airy print. What I could not get with this, were the nice clouds in the sky. I decided to crop the image and to "scheimpfluging" (erecting) the church.

Rob's first print was full frame and darker and softer. All the clouds were in. We both, Rob and me, feel that it too heavy, not as lightly as the summer day deserves.
His second print was a Lith print. This is the finest of all three. The sparkling summer AND all the clouds.

My wife likes this print most too.
Old 14th August 2022, 11:52 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post

... it appears that Skellum was last on FADU on 25 July 2022, but I don't know if he read this thread or not.
If I hear anything from him, I will let you know.
We can now only wait, whilst wishing him well.

Terry S

Thank you, Terry.
I now have seen Skellum visiting FADU again on 9 August 22.

Me too I'm wishing him well, (and hopefully a bit of fun with my print some day).
But concerning this round, I'm out.

All the best,
Reginald
Old 14th October 2022, 10:29 PM
Administrator

I have now been able to create a new Gallery (after the upgrade broke that functionality) and have moved the pictures that Uwe posted in August to the new Gallery. Let me know if there is anything not working etc.

Cheers, Bob.
Old 15th October 2022, 12:27 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
I have now been able to create a new Gallery...

Cheers, Bob.
Thanks for that Bob.

The exchange is paused at the moment, as we are waiting for Skellum to return, when he's able, as he has my negative to print and I am awaiting one from him. We can only wish him well at the moment.

Terry S
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies