Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Darkroom

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 8th August 2010, 03:34 PM
Friend

Default Durst m305

Hi members, i have just acquired a Durst m 305 colour enlarger with timer and transformer. On checking its operation i found the transformer to be not working, however after changing the 1amp fuse it now fires up but i still have no illumination at the head. I'm assuming the lamp blew at some point and the fuse blew in the transformer (maybe im wrong!), if so does anyone know how to access the lamp and change it if necessary. I dont have a manual so if anyone has any ideas or a pdf of the manual i would be grateful!!
Old 8th August 2010, 04:00 PM
Administrator

Someone has just given me an M305 which would have otherwise gone to the skip. It is boxed with a manual but unfortunately its now buried in store until I move so I am unable to help you at this time sorry
Old 8th August 2010, 04:28 PM
Administrator

Tho unlikely that the lamp blowing would also blow the fuse, it is possible so I'd continue on that assumption for now .

I can only find a French manual for the M305 online but that does at least say that it is a 12V 100W halogen lamp. If you want a copy of the French manual I will upload it here.
Old 8th August 2010, 06:37 PM
Friend

Default durst 305

Cheers Bob, now i'm perplexed, on the front of the actual colour head where it says Durst CLS 305, underneath it says 11v 86w or less, does the manual have lots of pictures, as i dont think my o level french from over 30 yrs ago that i barely passed is up to much these days!!!
Old 8th August 2010, 06:57 PM
Administrator

Ah - unfortunately, my French is probably worse than yours. It may be that there are more than one model of colour head available. Saying that, I doubt the existence of any putative 11V bulbs...

In any event, I have attached the French M305 manual (which I have made smaller via OCR) to this post in the hope it will be the cause of more enlightenment than confusion...

Cheers, Bob
Attached Files
File Type: pdf M305 Manual - French.pdf (2.18 MB, 633 views)

Last edited by Bob; 8th August 2010 at 07:01 PM.
Old 8th August 2010, 07:24 PM
Friend

Thanks again Bob, lots of pictures in manual and i just gained access to the lamp housing, the bulb is fine but was loose and upon securing it firmly hey presto!! illumination. I bought this on a bootfair this morning for £3.00 (three) along with a safelight and a Jobo b timer, you've just helped top my day off perfectly!
Old 21st May 2017, 04:11 PM
New User

I also bought a Durst M305 this week, i was searching how it works and found this manual in english. Hope that it help!

http://www.jollinger.com/photo/cam-c...Durst_M305.pdf
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies