Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Darkroom

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 4th December 2019, 06:09 PM
Friend

Default 3D Printed Parts for JOBO

Just loaded this to Thingiverse.

Jobo CPE2 Roller Supports for 25XX/28XX and 15XX tanks by dmb56
Replacement roller support parts to fit JOBO CPE2 (and possibly newer models) and hold 25XX/28XX and 15XX tanks

So if your JOBO film / print processing tank supports have seen better days and you can 3dprint then get 3dprinting.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4019462
Old 4th December 2019, 08:36 PM
Friend

David I take it you own thingiverse and are adept at devising and making such constructs? There are those of us who do not have access to 3D printers or the skills to do such things anyway and it strikes me that there may be other darkroom bits that people may be prepared to pay you to make for them depending on the price.

6x4 and 8 x 10 so called Speed easels spring to mind

Mike
Old 5th December 2019, 09:09 AM
Friend

David, what about the rollers themselves as I happen to need 4. I don't have a 3D printer nor do my friends and from Jobo they are expensive.

I see them in your link, anyone here able to make them ?

Ian
Old 5th December 2019, 09:19 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O'Pray View Post
David I take it you own thingiverse and are adept at devising and making such constructs? There are those of us who do not have access to 3D printers or the skills to do such things anyway and it strikes me that there may be other darkroom bits that people may be prepared to pay you to make for them depending on the price.

Mike
David has put the files on that website so others can download and print for themselves.

Ian
Old 5th December 2019, 09:50 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O'Pray View Post

Mike
As LostLabours said, Thingiverse is a website where people share 3D pri ted and laser cut designs. I designed the supports as one of mine has cracked, not really intending to start up in production. The software to do the designs takes a while to learn. Has taken me a year from scratch to hone down a work flow and learn the limitations of my 3D printer. The design software I use is open source - FreeCad.

As to speed easels most 3D printers have fairly small print volumes - I have one that will go to 5"x5"x5" while the other is 8"x8" by 10" high. Print times are quite long - a pair of rollers can take 2 hours so you can imagine how long something 6"x4" would take.

For things like easels laser cutters are more likely to be a practical method, these can cut thin sheet wood and acrylic quite quickly - again you have to get the design first.

There are places round the country run by enthusiasts where this sort of technology is available to use. My son helps run one in Lancaster, https://lamm.space/ and I know of another in Manchester which he helped run for a while https://www.hacman.org.uk/.
Old 5th December 2019, 10:26 AM
Banned

Whilst I have no need for 3D printing and I have been "into" IT all my life there are many good uses out there.

Have you tried

http://www.meccano.com/?locale=en_UK

Old 5th December 2019, 12:32 PM
Friend

OK and thanks David. My enquiry was prompted by a thought that given the expense and learning curve there was maybe a possibility of people being able to commission you for bespoke parts such as Ian and I mention

Mike
Old 6th December 2019, 07:08 AM
Friend

Just a word of caution guys.

You need to be careful of which material you choose when getting parts 3D printed.

Not everything ages particularly well - they tend to be OK for 12 ~ 18 months but 3 ~ 4 years may be a different story.

Martin
Old 6th December 2019, 09:27 AM
Friend

Thats awesome David! That design will probably come in handy one day, ive been collecting spares actually off various jobos ive bought and sold but those cant last forever!

We live in exciting times, I was giving this thought the other day actually. I am so lucky to be involved in a craft that didn't keep up with advancements in technology and thus is still being improved upon. I hope it continues!
Old 6th December 2019, 10:31 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Aislabie View Post
Just a word of caution guys.

You need to be careful of which material you choose when getting parts 3D printed.

Not everything ages particularly well - they tend to be OK for 12 ~ 18 months but 3 ~ 4 years may be a different story.

Martin
Yes Martin, very true. I use hot extruded filament printers. For some things PLA (Poly Lactic Acid) is fine and as is not petrochemical based and will (with a little help) biodegrade is more eco-friendly, however it does not do well in the heat or in contact with acids and alkalis (so not in intimate contact with dev, stop or fix or bleach) - PETG (Polyethylenetetraphalate- glycol modified) is better and has better tensile strength. ABS (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene) is very tough stuff bit also quite demanding to print. If you want flexible parts there is TPU (Thermoplastic polyurethane) real fun to print as is like trying to push a rubber band down a drinking straw, but makes great viewfinder eyepieces.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies