Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 21st June 2015, 07:56 PM
Friend

Default Inheritance

I am inheriting a Rolleiflex SL35 with what looks like a macro lens along with an LPL 6700 colour enlarger from the effects of a recently departed relative. Any comments on either item? I shall certainly keep them as I like continuity and despise waste. No interest in printing colour though, will see what I can do with them in B&W.
Old 21st June 2015, 08:15 PM
Friend

I've always liked the look of the SL35, but never owned one. You must let us know how you get on with it.
Alex
Old 21st June 2015, 09:28 PM
Friend

For the most part, the LPL enlargers are fairly robust - My first enlarger was a C7700 which I used for quite a bit of B&W printing without any problem. I would suggest the first thing to do though is to pop a new lamp in - You don't know how old the original is and as they age, you lose the harder grades.

By the looks of it, the head doesn't have a removable lens board - If you stick with just one format or happy to use just the one lens, this isn't a problem.

If you need it, a manual can be found here: http://www.jollinger.com/photo/cam-c...PL%20C6700.PDF
Old 22nd June 2015, 06:29 PM
Friend

Yes I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks for the advice on the enlarger Paul, and the link to the manual. Very handy
Old 22nd June 2015, 07:48 PM
Friend

If you have any problems with the SL35, then speak to Brian Mickleboro, as he is the UK expert on Rollei repairs.

Nick
Old 23rd June 2015, 09:06 AM
Friend

I used to have an LPL6700. It's a fine piece of equipment to print the negatives from your Rolleiflex in black and white.

Steve.
Old 23rd June 2015, 12:00 PM
Friend

I still have my LPL6700 set up, mainly for flashing paper negs and for the rare times I use 35mm. As has been said above a good piece of kit. Only thing I ever found was you need long arms to focus at times though having a look at it last night I see there is a groove in the focusing knob for, I presume, some kind of extension cable to hang down.

Tony
Old 27th June 2015, 07:09 AM
Friend

Default Lpl 6700

I am still using a LPL6700 for all my requirements. The only niggles I have with it is the neg carrier only goes up to 6x6 and I have loads of 6x9 negs. I also would like there to be a larger scale of column so that if need be I can get 12x16 prints from a section of the neg.

The focussing is easier to do than on my previous LPL7700 though.
Old 27th June 2015, 08:42 AM
Friend

All would appear to be well, as I do have long arms, don't print from larger than 6x6 nor do I require 12x16 prints. Collecting tomorrow.
Old 28th June 2015, 09:48 PM
Friend

Collected it today. Looks good apart from missing plug. Presume there must be a missing piece which the two-pin plugs into. Shouldn't be too hard to track one down
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies