Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > Introductions

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 19th April 2015, 03:50 PM
New User

Default Hello All. New user looking for enlarger parts

HI all,

I have managed to find a Durst 370 BW enalarger that works well to finish my Darkroom installation. The only problem is the filter draw is missing. I have looked about to see if i can find one online but have not succeeded. Can anyone help by any chance?

Regards

Andy
Old 20th April 2015, 11:58 AM
Friend

Quite often, the only way to get hold of these parts is to buy another head or complete enlarger. That said, they do turn up from time to time on ebay, but patience is the key - It took me a couple of years to find one part for my L1200...

A couple of alternatives: Try Second-hand Darkroom Supplies (link at the top of the screen).

Or if you are any good with a hammer & tin snips, fabricate one.

Final option is to put some black tape over the slot and use under-the-lens filters.

P.S. Welcome to the forum
Old 20th April 2015, 12:29 PM
Friend

Hi Andy, welcome

Can't help much with the spare parts from own sources, but two possible ways I have tried myself:

- Watching ebay auctions, sometimes enlargers don't even got sold for the minimum 1 Euro (or Pound), because they are for pickup only. I have mailed some of the unsuccessful sellers of older Kaiser models for a certain spare part, easily sent by postal mail. Finally I found one, who was willing to do that. The price was okay.
- Ringing up the photo groups/clubs in your area. Although mostly on digital, they sometimes 'drag' along their film equipment, for the sake of good old times or simply because they had no need to clean out the room. I was looking for a spare part and ended up with a Focomat IIC, dusty but in working condition, in one case. And they had also the spare part

Well, good luck!
Old 20th April 2015, 03:26 PM
Friend

Hello there and welcome! Check out The Imaging Warehouse at top of this
page in the second hand section. They appear to have a Durst filter draw, though they do not specify which model. Maybe inquiring them.

Cheers, M.
Old 21st April 2015, 04:39 AM
Friend

Hi Andy welcome to FADU I second Paul's suggestion of Second Hand Darkroom Supplies, hope you find one.
Richard
Old 21st April 2015, 11:39 AM
Friend

Hi Andy.
If you intend using Multigrade filters, I would recommend the under lens set as being best for this type of Durst enlarger. You can then simply block off the filter slot on the head.
If you must have the drawer, can you post a note of the width and height of the opening, together with depth if that is possible. I have a spare for a different Durst which may fit.
Alex
Old 21st April 2015, 12:54 PM
Friend

Good to see you Andy. Nothing else to add to what has been recommended.
Old 21st April 2015, 07:48 PM
Friend

Welcome Andy. I can't help as my Durst is a colour head model but the advice you've got sounds good.

If you can find out the dimensions then a local machine shop might make one for you.

Mike
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies