Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > Introductions

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 1st November 2020, 03:58 AM
Friend

Default Hello from Elad, Israel!

My name is Daniel Baerwald, I was born in Chile in 1955.
In 1970, my father bought for himself a "new" Japanese reflex camera, so he gave me his old Leica IIIf. I fell in love instantly with photography and in a few months, I had built a small darkroom.
At the end of high school, my dream was to become a photographer. However, my parents had a different plan and I did not win that battle. I had to pursue a "real career" at the University. One day my camera was stolen; frustrated, I stopped dreaming.
In 2008 I moved to Israel, and in 2015 one morning I decided to finish what I had started more than 40 years earlier. I built a Darkroom in my kitchen/salon, and I hope to start enjoying it soon.
I own a few 35mm and Medium format film cameras, but something was missing in my collection and in my heart: My Leica IIIf. I admit it was kind of a real obsession to have it again. Well, last week I bought one from the UK and I hope to receive it soon.
I am glad I found this Forum and continue to learn and enjoy film photography
All the best
Daniel

Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies