Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > Introductions

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 7th February 2015, 11:18 AM
Friend

Default Passing Through

Just passing by and thought I should stop off and say Hi and see how you are getting on.
Old 7th February 2015, 02:03 PM
Friend

Hello Dave. Very nice to hear from you. I like your website, and am pleased that you are still enjoying your photography.

Alan
Old 7th February 2015, 04:12 PM
Friend

Hi Dave I trust things are going well. My impression is that FADU is thriving based on the vibrations I get from our threads and posts. We retain that friendliness that often deserts forums after a certain size and lifespan has been reached

I hadn't realised you had a site, even after I had Googled it. Initially I kept on getting links to Bible study . but after another correct input of the address it came good

Talking of the Bible, it has made me think that my only concern is that we have nearly all Adams and still very few Eves as yet

Ah well....

Mike
Old 7th February 2015, 04:30 PM
Friend

Good to hear from you Dave and it's nice that you've dropped by. As you can see, still the usual suspects. You left an enduring legacy something we are all grateful for and indebted to.
Pleased to see that you're staying active and hope you're keeping well.

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950
Old 7th February 2015, 04:36 PM
Friend

Thank you. I am well - or as my doctor so tactfully puts it - for my age; which I take to mean I still twitch occasionally.

My website is a new one, I keep forgetting were I left the others, and yes, I am pleased to see that you are behaving yourselves.
Old 7th February 2015, 05:04 PM
Friend

Hi Dave,
Good to see that you're still enjoying photography, I bet that now you use digital capture you are now are spending even more time creating images.
I'm still lumbering around with my 5x4s but if Mrs.B gets her way I won't have a darkroom for much longer but I'll get over it.

Best to you and yours.

Jon.

PS. Saw your page of images in B&W magazine, good stuff.

http://real-silver-prints.com/

"I Prefer it in the Dark"
Old 7th February 2015, 05:42 PM
Administrator

Hi Dave.

Like everone else, I hope you are keeping well.

As you were the main force in getting this forum off the ground it's good to see you are still enthused with your photography. Your new site looks really good and with the "Intermission" between Darkroom and Lightroom on the menu, it's equally good to see your sense of humor has not changed.

Cheers, Bob.
Old 7th February 2015, 06:44 PM
Friend

Hi Jon, you’re quite right, I am still spending too much time trying to create worthwhile images, without very much success I may add. It’s still necessary to get it right in camera, this photoshop stuff doesn’t make it any easier; at least not for me but it does allow me to afford to generate even more unusable images than I could with film.

Hi to you too Bob, I trust that you are well also. I must find some more pictures for the Intermission page to increase the separation between the light and dark worlds; wouldn’t like to think that they could ever join up. Keep up your good work with this forum.
Old 7th February 2015, 07:55 PM
Friend

[QUOTE=Dave miller;100264]Thank you. I am well - or as my doctor so tactfully puts it - for my age; which I take to mean I still twitch occasionally.

Dave, beyond a certain age it is better to thrust your actuary rather than your doctor. I suspect that their living depends on them getting it more right than the doctors.

It is Saturday night and the humour gets blacker the closer we get to the terrible "witching hour" - that's "Match of the Day" to the uninitiated

Keep smiling

Mike
Old 8th February 2015, 08:08 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O'Pray View Post
it is better to thrust your actuary
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies