Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > Introductions

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 1st November 2008, 02:29 PM
Friend

Default Hi from a middle England Jock

Hi all. I never did introduce myself on another well known site where I am pentaxuser and eventually there seemed little point after about 3000 posts!

So I'll start things here correctly. I got into photography on my 50th birthday when the wife bought me a Pentax MZ7 which she had carefully researched as being the right camera for a beginner who would grow into the hobby. She somehow knew I was attracted to the idea of photography when I'd risked a £1 on a Kodak book in a secondhand book sale. A trifling amount you may say but have another look at the last word in the thread Well the conversion of a bedroom to a darkroom later, I think she concluded it had worked

So still a beginner in many ways but I already know by reputation some of the members here and I expect to grow as much here and probably quicker than I have on the other.

I look forward to participating and interacting. Thanks for having me.

Mike O'Pray
Old 1st November 2008, 02:39 PM
Friend

Hello Mike, it's good to see you here. I read your posts with great interest on another well known photography forum so I'm looking forward to your imput here.
"To the attentive eye, each moment of the year has its own beauty, and in the same field, it beholds, every hour, a picture which was never seen before, and which will never be seen again" Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Timespresent
Arenaphotographers
Old 1st November 2008, 02:41 PM
Friend

A warm welcome to you Mike.
Old 1st November 2008, 03:13 PM
Administrator

Hi Mike: nice to see you here as well.

Looking forward to more posts and chats

Cheers, Bob.
Old 1st November 2008, 04:30 PM
Administrator

Welcome Mike, I look forward to your posts.
Old 1st November 2008, 06:43 PM
Friend

Welcome Mike. I was brought up in your part of the world amongst the Scots (Corby).

Les
Old 1st November 2008, 07:37 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by les dix View Post
Welcome Mike. I was brought up in your part of the world amongst the Scots (Corby).

Les
Les. I too spent my formative years in Corby in the 50s before going back to Aberdeen in the 60s thence to Ford at Halewood, Liverpool and eventually to Ford, Daventry. My parents had moved there in the early 50s and spent the rest of their lives there. It was a small town then. Depending on when you were there, we might even have connections, however tenuous.

I used to go back there fairly frequently until finally both parents had died then there seemed little point.

Mike O'Pray
Old 1st November 2008, 07:46 PM
Friend

Les This is just the vaguest of notions but I think there was someone called Dix at the Rowlett School in the old village at about the same time. If he was called Dix and that's what i am unsure of, he was certainly a Geordie and that I am sure of.

Any connection?

Mike
Old 1st November 2008, 11:07 PM
Friend

Hello Mike!

It is good to see you here. I am angry with myself knowing that we probably rubbed shoulders at the recent Ilford Factory tour and I didn't make the effort to ask anybody's names

I am also looking forward to your input here.

Welcome

Stoo
Old 1st November 2008, 11:12 PM
Friend

Mike

Interesting, I cannot recall any familiy members who would have attended that school but any connection is unlikely as my family on the fathers side were all from Northants going back several generations. I went to school in Corby and worked in the Steelworks until the mid seventies. I then went to College and eventually ended up working on Tyneside. I still have a Brother in the town but I do not go back very often. I must admit that I found the place rather depressing after the Steelworks closed.

Regards

Les
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies