Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > Introductions

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 1st August 2018, 10:10 PM
New User

Default Hello, free Minolta Dynax 505 si

Hello all,

I thought this would be a good forum to offer my old Minolta Dynax 505 si 35mm SLR. It was an 18th birthday gift, 19 years ago on the 6th coincidentally.

I don't use it and haven't for ages. Would love it to go to an enthusiast rather than freecycle, which I suspect ultimately ends up at the next car boot sale!

It's fully boxed, all literature, batteries (kept out of camera, but probably long dead), lens of course.

I'm in Woking, Surrey, UK, but can post if postage costs are discussed, agreed and sent first.

Hope to hear from someone soon!
Old 3rd August 2018, 12:58 PM
Friend

A very generous offer Sam and a great starter camera for someone well, starting out in film photography.

A similar one is on ebay at the moment for about 25 pounds. If only I knew some one just getting into the film habit. I'll try to ask at my photo club for you but I think they all use the 'd' side of photography, with only me being the last holder of the safe-light.

Terry S
Old 3rd August 2018, 09:30 PM
Friend

Sam, I'd take that off your hands- and it will be used.
Always meant to try an AF Minolta (I have XD7's and SRT's).
Can't come for it, as it's just a bit far, but I'll pay the post (plus something for a pint).
Old 4th August 2018, 09:00 AM
Friend

Hi Skellum,

Minolta are my go to brand. Both manual (X300, X500 and X700) and AF assorted models inc Dynax 7.

Think you will enjoy using it, they have not let me down to date, apart from the odd battery needing changing at the most inopportune of moments.

Don't have 505si, but for convinience would suggest looking to see if they do a power grip for it, all mine use AA batteries, much easier to find than camera batteries when you are out and about. For me personally they also improve the ergonomics (think that's the word)

Lenses and accessories are generally available at a reasonable prices from dealers and "that auction site"

Maybe not for this forum, but the lenses are interchangeable with most of the Sony Alpha range, allows me to carry both with one set of lenses.

All in all Minolta and me are a pretty good fit.

Have fun with it.

Ian
Old 4th August 2018, 09:31 AM
Friend

Hi Skellum,

My reply to you, peeked my curiosity in a grip for the 505si

No luck with a grip but they do an external battery pack - BP100

Curiosity satisfied.

Ian
Old 25th August 2018, 11:26 AM
Friend

My thanks to Sam.
The Dynax 505 arrived yesterday. Now fed with fresh batteries and HP5, it's having a day out today. It's in very nice condition indeed, complete with box, manual, and a roll of film.
A bit bigger all round than the XD7 I'm used to, but bearing in mind it has motorwind, autofocus and flash built in it's a clever piece of packaging.
It's hard to believe such intricate, well engineered and versatile cameras have become almost worthless. Sad indeed, but I'll be sending on a couple of prints to Sam just as soon as I take something worthy of his generosity.
Isn't FADU a good place to come?
Old 25th August 2018, 12:37 PM
Friend

Quote:
Isn't FADU a good place to come?
Yup....
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies