Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Feedback and forum matters

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 24th March 2019, 06:26 PM
Friend

Default fadu website really slow for me...

I'm curious if anyone else finds the fadu website particularly slow?

It doesn't seem to matter which device or browser I use it takes substantially longer to load than anywhere else I go on the web.

I'm not having a moan, it's just that maybe I'm not doing something right or perhaps there is a simple explanation behind it?

Thanks to all.

Martin

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950
Old 24th March 2019, 06:39 PM
Friend

Sorry not me. I have not noticed anything different. The only problem I get is Google Mail can be a bit reluctant to load and show any messages, either new or old.

I am using either Avast secure or Microsoft edge.
Old 24th March 2019, 07:16 PM
Friend

Sorry it is that way, Marty. No sign of slowness for me either. I fact FADU seems particularly quick compared even to Photrio which can get "clunky" at times. I had always put this down to FADU being a relatively simple site i.e. uncomplicated in its set-up

I use Google Chrome and have WIN 7 as my system.

Mike
Old 24th March 2019, 09:00 PM
Friend

I’ve found it quite slow recently.
Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 24th March 2019, 10:00 PM
Friend

Default fadu acess speed

no problem here...
Old 24th March 2019, 10:36 PM
Friend

No problem here
Using chrome on a 12 year old iMac or tapatalk on a 6 year old iPhone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 25th March 2019, 06:58 AM
Friend

Same as normal here, seems fine
Richard
Old 25th March 2019, 08:37 AM
Friend

Default Speeding up

Please don't feel I am trying to teach you to suck eggs, but can I ask when was the last time you had a really good disc clean up? I remove all of my browsing data on a regular basis as that is there all the time and and will not help. I know you mention this happens with FADU and nothing else but that is the nature of the beast some seem to be more susceptible to going slow if there is too much clutter on the HD

Also when did you check if your defragment setting is working properly. Windows 10 can be done automatically but the setting could be not the best for your requirements.

Do you save everything on your hard drive? If that is getting full, then it may be time to think about investing in an external hard drive to take some of the load off the inbuilt system. They are not that expensive now and are very reliable, especially the solid state ones.
Old 25th March 2019, 09:02 AM
longhouselife

I use a LINUX based system - so zero issues with slowly increasing resource drag. Firefox is the de-facto browser if you are concerned about any kind of Privacy issues.

V Bulletin 5 is the current version that this forum could be running on, rather than the present v3.

Your Hardware, your Browser, this version of the Software, your Connection, time of day, number of Connections server-side, whether this forum is on a VPS or a Shared host - many things can influence the overall speed of how the website is served.

These will always be different to each of us.
Old 25th March 2019, 09:06 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by John King View Post
Please don't feel I am trying to teach you to suck eggs, but can I ask when was the last time you had a really good disc clean up? I remove all of my browsing data on a regular basis as that is there all the time and and will not help. I know you mention this happens with FADU and nothing else but that is the nature of the beast some seem to be more susceptible to going slow if there is too much clutter on the HD

Also when did you check if your defragment setting is working properly. Windows 10 can be done automatically but the setting could be not the best for your requirements.

Do you save everything on your hard drive? If that is getting full, then it may be time to think about investing in an external hard drive to take some of the load off the inbuilt system. They are not that expensive now and are very reliable, especially the solid state ones.

Thank you, John. But the thing is I do 90% of my browsing either by phone or tablet these days and fadu together with ffordes, 2 of my most popular sites, take noticeably longer than seemingly anywhere else. Perhaps someone's trying to tell me something!

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies