Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Monochrome Work > Monochrome printing techniques

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 5th July 2016, 10:53 PM
Friend

rob and SvendN what I am going to do is mix up my other packet and use it five times only without increasing the development time as stated in the instructions and then throw it away its to complicated for me and I like to use ilfosol 3 developer anyway ,I have been using this type of developer for years ,as they say if it ant broke don't fix it .so back in to my darkroom to hang my washed films in my dryer for printing tomorrow ...

www.essexcockney.com
Old 6th July 2016, 11:01 AM
Friend

Hmmm... if you don't add a bit of extra time after each roll, you might end up with the opposite problem -- some underdeveloped films. I would do as Rob suggested and add at most 5% to each roll. Better yet, as others recommended, use it one-shot and dilute it. It will be more economical than using it stock for only 5 rolls and then chucking it. For example, at 1+2 you will get 10 rolls of 35mm if you have a 300ml/roll tank. And you will get the consistency you are looking for. The grain may be slightly larger due to the diluted solvent action, but the sharpness will be much improved (for my needs, that is an acceptable trade-off). I use all my developers one-shot and get some very good results (ID-11/D-76, Perceptol).

Good luck, and I hope you get some nice negs with this.

Svend
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies