Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Colour Work > Colour printing techniques

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 30th May 2011, 08:41 PM
Friend

Default Favour to ask of a kind RA-4 user

I bagged a load of free paper from a darkroom closing down about a month ago and some of it is colour RA-4 stuff. I have no idea about the condition and my only colour chems are C-41 for doing films (can you see where this is going yet?).

So any kind colour printing soul out there. If I was to send you some paper, could you try a print out and tell me if the paper is still any good? if it is I may invest in some RA-4 chems and have a bash at colour printing.

Thanks

Bill.
Old 30th May 2011, 11:21 PM
Friend

Bill as you will see from some of my posts recently I am about to start setting up for RA4 after quite a long layoff. I have the chems but need to set up the analyser first and re-acquaint myself with how it works. So it maybe a couple of days off but it could take that long to send a few pieces of paper to me.

If any other FADUer is currently doing RA4 and can do a print instantly and volunteers then feel free to send to that person. If not and you can bag it in complete darkness in a spare black print bag then feel free to send to me. Do ensure that it is well sealed and light tight.

As your paper may be different to mine(Supra Endura) it might require slightly different calibration so at least two sheets might be advisable if you want me to produce a reasonable print.

On the other hand I could simply use dev and blix on an unexposed piece to see if there is any fogging but this might not show up any problems with colour casts.

If no one comes up with a better offer then PM me and we can take it from there

Mike
Old 31st May 2011, 06:48 AM
Friend

Thanks for the offer Mike, I'm happy to wait a couple of days if you want to shoot your address over by PM. I have a few papers but Kodak Supra Endura makes up the bulk of it. I'll send you the oldest pack (the pack of version 1, I assume if that is ok the supra endura II will be newer and in better condition). I think this was a pack of 10 so I'll just send you what is left in there.

Thanks again,

Bill
Old 31st May 2011, 11:17 AM
Friend

OK Bill that's fine. Helpful that it is Supra Endura as well. I'll PM you with my address. An enclosed pack of 10 is even better it means no problems with light leaks

Mike
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies