Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > Help!

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 22nd October 2014, 07:46 AM
Friend

Martin an excellent question, I can well imagine a file with a special or escape character in it's name causing such a problem. None of my jpegs have any such character in their names though.

Re your first point yes such a sequence could well have got me in hot water
Old 23rd October 2014, 09:16 AM
Administrator

Hi Jake.

The only smoking gun I could find is that "Registered" users could not upload to the Standard gallery but could to the Discussion Gallery. The only problem with that theory is that you have made enough posts previously to be given the status of "fadu users" so that should not have affected you...

Also still not sure about the 2 queued images - see if you can edit/delete them now - nor why you would still have issues with the Discussion gallery.

I have run a few housekeeping jobs on the Gallery database to try and shake out any issues there.

If all still fails, PM your password to us (even our forum superpowers do not allow us to see people's passwords) and we will log in as you so we can see what you see.

Cheers, Bob.
Old 25th October 2014, 09:30 PM
Friend

Thanks for your reply Bob. I am quite mystified by this problem I must admit. I have a fair bit of computer experience but have to hand this one over to you I'm afraid. It boils down to these queued images and the fact that they seem to be "blocking" my uploads to the discussion gallery. It does not matter really as I have discovered that i can upload to standard and then edit photo > change gallery but still it is odd. I will PM you my password and see what you can make of it. Cheers
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies