Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > Help!

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 8th March 2015, 03:34 PM
Friend

Default Gallery Images and Nudity

Hi there little question about nudity.

I have discovered some of my old portfolio, I did a self portrait and it was fully nude.

I am hunting the negatives and would like to print the image again (only have the print currently). I would also like to do a follow self portrait project as this was done almost 20 years ago, as I think it would be interesting to do.

What is the policy for fully nude photos being displayed in the galleries?

Real name is James xx
Old 9th March 2015, 02:28 PM
Friend

well there's only one way to find out nudity and photography has gone hand in hand from almost day one, it don't do much for me but I have never tried it .it would be good to know other peoples(fadu members) views on the subject .......

essexcockney.com
Old 9th March 2015, 02:46 PM
Friend

Like Paul, I have no idea about FADU policy and like Paul nudity doesn't do much for me. However "not doing much for me" can be applied to a number of photos in the gallery which doesn't mean they shouldn't be there.

My concern were it to be my pic as the photographer or worse a nude pic of me is that the FADU gallery is in the public domain and its the uncontrolled use outside of FADU that would worry me.

Mike
Old 9th March 2015, 03:06 PM
Friend

Like Mike and Paul above Nudity doesn't fo much for me, as to what Fadu policy I can't answer that one, it is for the Mods, but bearing in mind that the Gallery and albums are open to every one who visits here, from six to sixty, then I would not like to see nudes posted in a public forum, that might just be going a bit to far, although there are some cynotypes that do contain nudes posted in an album, and that has not been a problem, but traditional Nudes I would think could be a problem, although as Paul says, nudes,art and Photography have gone hand in hand since the dawn of Photography, but in the age we live in perhaps it is a no no in such a public forum
Richard
Old 9th March 2015, 04:28 PM
Friend

another way you can go with this is to have your own website and put what ever you want on there,, like me and others have done.. I like looking at other FADU members sites ,there are some very knowledgeable talented people here :0
but you have brought up a very good point ( please excuse the pun)

essexcockney.com
Old 9th March 2015, 05:08 PM
Friend

I suppose that if it's viewable by anyone, some people may find it disagreeable. I usually find that nudes don't offend me in the least, but there are odd occasions when I think that they can go too far. I can't even say where I would draw the line for myself, so I wouldn't like to be given the task of deciding what is permissible.
Old 9th March 2015, 05:29 PM
Friend

Like everyone else that has replied, I do not have a problem with nudes, but others might.

I also agree that as ours is an open forum for all ages perhaps it would be desirable that nudes ( if they are permissible ) were to have in some way a degree of controlled access.

One for the mods to ponder.

Ian
Old 9th March 2015, 06:54 PM
Friend

I think we all should know what is acceptable and what is not without it having to be spelled out. The nude work that has appeared here in the past has all fallen in to the 'acceptable' category and I would suggest that anyone thinking about posting similar to take note of this. If they are still in any doubt about what is allowed I suggest they send a sample image to the admins first to check before they make a post for the world to see.

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 9th March 2015, 09:50 PM
Friend

I'm too old and tired to worry about it now!
Old 9th March 2015, 10:14 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Cocker View Post
I'm too old and tired to worry about it now!
You'll be less tired tomorrow but will you be less......

Reminds me of the W Churchill story.

W Churchill meets Bessie Braddock in a H of C corridor after a fractious debate. He says: "Madam you are the ugliest female MP I have ever seen"

She replies" And you, sir, are the drunkest"

He replies: " Yes but I shall be sober tomorrow morning"

It is always life's theatre in all its forms that we most easily recall

Mike
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies