Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Cameras - small format

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 19th November 2015, 10:37 PM
Friend

Default helping the next generation of film users

I have just bought a pentax MV1 of ebay I have two K mount pentax lenses already 35mm 2.8 and a 135mm 3.5.. my niece on my wife's side (somebody's got to be on her side) said that she was learning to print in the school darkroom and she was interested in film photography so the pentax and the lenses are a Christmas present from me and the wife to her so that she can learn the basics of photography ,and if she is interested she can use my darkroom .when I was her age I wanted to be the next bailey but I never had any support from anybody and as I struggled with things me being the next bailey was a non starter .so I will try to help her as much as I can and maybe if she wants ,she will be the next bailey.

www.essexcockney.com
Old 20th November 2015, 06:43 AM
Friend

A very positive idea - well done.

Neil.

Neil Souch

Last edited by B&W Neil; 20th November 2015 at 06:46 AM.
Old 20th November 2015, 07:37 AM
Friend

Default Encouragement

Get'em young and you have them for life is an old saying. It worked with my son when I passed down an old 6x6 folding camera plus as much film as he could use. That was in pre-digital age 30 years ago. he went digital, but didn't like it so stayed with film.

He stuck with med format but kept it simple with a well used Rollieflex and a seperate meter. Due to University, work and his family circumastances he has up until now been unable to have a darkroom. One is now under construction.
Old 20th November 2015, 06:17 PM
Friend

We should all celebrate the creation of a new darkroom - I'll top my class up for that one

Cheers !

Neil.

Neil Souch
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies