Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Cameras - medium format

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 17th March 2017, 03:26 PM
Friend

If you are really operating down in the range +2 to -? EV, a head torch (flashlight) is a must.

You cannot read the meter and you cannot see the aperture ring and shutter dial without it.

The head torch allows you to keep both hands free - even though it isn't a great fashion accessory.

Martin
Old 17th March 2017, 09:15 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Aislabie View Post
If you are really operating down in the range +2 to -? EV, a head torch (flashlight) is a must.

You cannot read the meter and you cannot see the aperture ring and shutter dial without it.

The head torch allows you to keep both hands free - even though it isn't a great fashion accessory.

Martin
That's a great idea! I use one for grilling after dark - an old caving headlamp. Much to the amusement of the neighbours. Good tip Martin.
Old 18th March 2017, 11:14 AM
Friend

If anyone is getting a head torch, the old fashioned bulbs give a much more pleasant pool of light than the LED style.

I don't know if the incandescent type are still available.

The LEDs give a very intense but narrow beam of light - which makes everything outside the intense beam seem really dark.

You notice the same effect with LED street lights too.

Martin
Old 18th March 2017, 01:17 PM
Friend

I have a led flashlight that has a red led setting on it which would work great for reading meters and camera settings in low light. It was made by Energizer.
Old 18th March 2017, 01:21 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvendN View Post
Andy - great news! If you want to start a new thread, we can drop some tips on how to do your own CLA on this thing, test the thing for light-tightness, etc.. I've done three of these folders, and cleaned up the elements and shutters on three Mamiya TLR lenses. Happy to help if you want to tackle this. And I know Richard G. uses folders a lot, and probably knows far more than I ever will about their repair.

Svend
Svend, when I get some of my home projects done, I would appreciate any help with doing a CLA on the camera.
Old 19th March 2017, 11:39 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverphoton View Post
Svend, when I get some of my home projects done, I would appreciate any help with doing a CLA on the camera.
Sure, no problem. Happy to help out. Just let me know when you're ready to tackle that and I can walk you through it, and also point you to some great online how-to resources.

Cheers,
Svend
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies